All down

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes
dennisB

All down

Post by dennisB »

All down in the DMV, only locals :confused:
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

And, somehow, I'm not surprised. Go to your Locksmith and have a new set of Keys punched out. In the last few years, this is a rather common phenomenon with Comcast. Where I'm from, they change the Keys every 9 months. Maybe you know how to write a new set back to your STB. Nah, you'd stand a better chance of being the Lord Almighty than that happening. Goodday.
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

Hey KW, its all good, no complaints. This hobby has been good to me and alot of others if this is the end it was all worth it.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, sure - the flavor of this site and what the Admin has done since 2005 makes it a rewarding experience. But, when they update the Keys on STB's, I get ornery for a few days. Reason being that it's one of the few issues that will NOT be discussed out in the Forum in the slightest. It's taboo. I've been unsuccessfully seeking data on this subject for a few years. No peeps nor squeaks about Keys and how to write them back to the box. Slightly disappointing. Goodday.
Wolfgang

All Channels are down here too

Post by Wolfgang »

It's happened here too. All the channels on all boxes are gone including my Tivo, not even locals. I haven't seen anything like this before. It is not like some channels are gone to "Not Authorized" due to the Key Change. Absolutely all channels are suddenly showing "One Moment Please", it doesn't look like a key change, it seems to me rather like a new Channel Map but the boxes won't update even without any blockage. It feels like someone cut the cable but all the levels are good both Inband and OutOfBand and they won't update the channel map or TV Guide for unknown reason. The firmware is up to date including the App Code Modules but channels won't open except 2 or 3 that coincidentally have the same properties with the old ones. Really weird situation. I wish I had a new NVM from this area available but I don't have any hopes, not many posters from the MidWest.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Same issue and am not even from the state, caco seams to working together these days, but i hope our wonderful Admin will shine the bright light down this dark ally.
Good better best
smyltech

no more free hd tv

Post by smyltech »

all channels are now encrypted even the basics, to close the internet loophole of free tv from the fcc!
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, I've heard that rap but it hasn't hit my boxes here in Phila PA. Free TV is still OnLine and unencrypted. However. There has been a Key change that hit the area like a Smart Bomb. Last one was on Oct. 13. Which means that Phila Pa get updated Keys every six (6) months. Isn't that just special ! Somebody with any level of genius has gotta step up onto the Soapbox and lay down a track of how to write updated Keys back to the STB's in a situation as such. I'll pay a reasonable sum to start the process. And please - if any of the Authority here doesn't cozy up to that, well, you know ...........
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

Wolfgang

DCT700 Gone Wild

Post by Wolfgang »

Skyhigh wrote:I had 1 box yesterday showing One Moment Please on all channels, just wrote the original bin back.. let it update again..then locked it back up and all is fine again...cant say what the prob was...
The original bin 3.46 won't work on mine because when I remove the blockage to update all boxes go to boot-loop. After upgrading to 3.57 from downloaded bin there is no boot-loop anymore and all 4 app codes are loaded but the boxes don't have a new NVM and it won't update itself for unknown reason. A new NVM will probably work fine even on the old plat code but I can't find one here in the West. Anyone from Colorado?
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

where the fta guyes when u need them this was elementary for them
bftiedt

Post by bftiedt »

^^^ Thats why I joined them. Get and FTA box, update the bin, pay $50 a year to a good private server and your golden. much easier imo
dennisB

Post by dennisB »

Hey can u PM me a link its been a while since went that route
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

A real solution would be for us to start a type of IKS server that we can somehow connect to the serial ports and decrypt the keys. A setup similar to that of DN setup... I am sure that
KillSwitch will jump in here with some smartass snide remark geared towards me, but at least I'm thinking whereas all he's doing is handing petty useless insults out.

And I second getting into FTA if you are looking for a long lasting solution the only real loss would be AMC. Which most people can download whatever it is there looking for.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Killswitch wrote:Yea, sure - the flavor of this site and what the Admin has done since 2005 makes it a rewarding experience. But, when they update the Keys on STB's, I get ornery for a few days. Reason being that it's one of the few issues that will NOT be discussed out in the Forum in the slightest. It's taboo. I've been unsuccessfully seeking data on this subject for a few years. No peeps nor squeaks about Keys and how to write them back to the box. Slightly disappointing. Goodday.
Maybe instead of bitchin about it you can take the time to figure it out instead of piggybacking off of other ppls work, there's an idea :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.