Netgear CG814CPR v2

RCA, DPC, etc.
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

LOL

I have flashed so many of these flawlessly on xp..I'm oldschool and stubborn and Win 7 while pretty, drives me nuts..lol

On every single cg i have flashed hax to over stock netgear firm i have been unable to take the 2780 nosh firmware from stock 5101 registered certs...
I alwayts get software failed..

On the two that i turned into 5101's it updated instantly...

The problem is I love these modems as they are 32 megs ram and hard to kill. They crush torrents because i can run the connections per torrent through the roof and they just hum along. A 5101 won't take more than 1.8 mb/s ..I can hit 3.2 mbs on a cg effortlessly on the right torrent.

I think I am simply overlooking something stupid.
not to mention the fact that i want to dominate these modems will my new favorite toy the NT...lol
51xx modems are ok but I prefer a challenge..
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

syankey1970 wrote:LOL

I have flashed so many of these flawlessly on xp..I'm oldschool and stubborn and Win 7 while pretty, drives me nuts..lol

On every single cg i have flashed hax to over stock netgear firm i have been unable to take the 2780 nosh firmware from stock 5101 registered certs...
I alwayts get software failed..

On the two that i turned into 5101's it updated instantly...

The problem is I love these modems as they are 32 megs ram and hard to kill. They crush torrents because i can run the connections per torrent through the roof and they just hum along. A 5101 won't take more than 1.8 mb/s ..I can hit 3.2 mbs on a cg effortlessly on the right torrent.

I think I am simply overlooking something stupid.
not to mention the fact that i want to dominate these modems will my new favorite toy the NT...lol
51xx modems are ok but I prefer a challenge..
I like Win XP also However due to RAM Limitations of 32 Bit I went on to Win 7. I have a dual boot so I have win7 32 bit and win 7 64 bit and for most part I use win 7 64 bit with all working well. Only Reason I have the win 7 32 Bit it to use Tom's JTagUtility Proggy that Is the Only Proggy I can't get to Run on 64 Bit.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."