Upm uid

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

TravisK

Upm uid

Post by TravisK »

well its been about 3 years since i had "fixed" my cable boxes. The cable company just upgraded the fw on all the boxes, which apperntly put my UID back to the orginal which allowed them to deauth my boxes. Since its been 3 years and i havent really kept up with all the new info and forgot all the commmands. I was just wondering what all i needed do to prevent them from deathing the boxes once again.

Also what does UID and UPM stand for? Do I need to change both to prevent deauthorization. Really havent seen a thread that explains everything nessary think it took me 3 days last time to search threw the fourm and find all the anwsers. Im unable to search for UID and UPM since the strings are to short, which seems kinda ridiclous to impose such restrictions.

the new fw version is 08.08 if that changes and of the commands, i have 3 differnt boxes ph9, ph7 and cr4.

Could someone aleast point me in the right direction?

Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

To prevent software update you should block software update. 8.08 is supported for USB BDM and USB BDM NT. So you can have a try.
cavrac

Post by cavrac »

UID = unit ID, you should use a fake Unit ID so they can not deauth you
UPM = upstream modem ID, on my system I have to have a valid UPM for the VOD to work