Okay I have USBBDM NT now what do I do with the DCT2224 box

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

aw2walker

This box does not power cycle as long as I have the USBBDM connected

Post by aw2walker »

This box does not power cycle as long as I have the USBBDM device connected to the cable box board.

Please take a look at the photo I have on flickr again, the optional menu there gives me the choice to enter a "Fake unit address". Why can't I just use that to input the fake ID for this cable box.

Another question is why is everyone giving out command codes when the USBBDM NT software have the options built into the progam for acomplishing alot of different task???

Thanks for your replies on my earlier post.

BTW, there are 6 options on this popup menu what else should I chose beside "Fake unit address".
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

aw2walker wrote:Thanks for the many replies and help with gettig me going on how to use the USBBDM device and software.

Now, I have read on this site "to keep the cc from turning off your box you need to change the unit's ID". It would be helpful to know the facts about that trick.

TUNDRA, thanks for your reply it was very helpful, but the USBBDM NT software starts up with 7 options. You can look at my earlier post to see them all.

This program is running on version 0.40c also, so I guessing some are still using an older version.

The knew USBBDM NT software program is more optional cammand oriented, which is great for newbies like me. But on to my knew question, I have taken a snippet of my screen and uploaded it on flickr below is the link. I would like to know what to put into the "Fake uint address" box. I need to know what goes here and how many of them to be specific.

You can Uncheck that and then do commands manualy. I figure USBBDM did this to make it easyer for some users. However I am so used to doing old way so I dont use the automated feature your talking about. however if your having problems doing it that Way you can un check and do manualy.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
aw2walker

Sorry about the repost of my quote

Post by aw2walker »

Sorry about the repost of my quote but someone post a reply right after I did

aw2walker wrote:This box does not power cycle as long as I have the USBBDM device connected to the cable box board.

Please take a look at the photo I have on flickr again, the optional menu there gives me the choice to enter a "Fake unit address". Why can't I just use that to input the fake ID for this cable box.

Another question is why is everyone giving out command codes when the USBBDM NT software have the options built into the progam for acomplishing alot of different task???

Thanks for your replies on my earlier post.

BTW, there are 6 options on this popup menu what else should I chose beside "Fake unit address".
aw2walker

Thank for direction on how to use USBBDM

Post by aw2walker »

TUNDRA, thank you again for pointing out to me that I can exit the automted menu and do everthing manully, but I'm not at that stage yet.

Could you take a look at my pic of the automated options and let me know which ones to check??

Thanks again for all the help.
aw2walker

Can anyone explain some of these things to me please

Post by aw2walker »

Okay I've done the Unit ID change and I hooked up the cable box to my tv and went to the configuration screen to see my changes to the unit ID and it worked to my surprise.

Here is the list on my configuration screen:

S/W Ver: 78.04-A28p0-2.0908.r-4

Model: DCT

Disconnect: No

IPPV: Yes

Stereo: Stereo

A/B: Disabled

IR Blast: Yes

Output: 3

Firmware: 08.09

Region: 0

NTSC/PAL: NTSC

MCA: Not Connected

Unit ID: 000-01468-16202-254

Now I know I gave this unit the ten digits in the middle of the ID#, but my question is now, what does some of this other stuff mean on the configuration screen.? Things I want to know about is: S/W Ver, Disconnect, A/B, IR Blast, IPPV and MCA.

I know about fir, ID, Stereo, NTSC/PAL, region, and Output. Sorry, about the formatting it wouldn't let me do it the way on the cable box screen.

Thank for all the help in advance.