Dct 2224 Dead

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

stomperz

Post by stomperz »

CAPONE wrote:5v RST? I have picture but have to find them. Just got back from vacation and getting back into testing....
Heard that the RST does not have enough power. So I hooked an external power supply to the header, but no luck.
Is it the jp501? Image
If it is I am unable to figure out the solider points.
Thanks
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Heard that the RST does not have enough power. So I hooked an external power supply to the header, but no luck.
Is it the jp501? Image
If it is I am unable to figure out the solider points.
Thanks
I See, I remember USBBDM Mentioning somthing allong those lines to me Before and that Did Nothing and In Reality Not Needed if you Use the Jumper Method.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

CAPONE wrote: I have picture but have to find them. Just got back from vacation and getting back into testing....
Any luck with the pic's?
I can find the jp501 location on the PH8, I just can't see which pins to connect.
ImageImageImageImageImage
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Image

Any luck with the pic's?
I can find the jp501 location on the PH8, I just can't see which pins to connect.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I can only see one Picture and Not found on that picture. The rest of the Pictures I cant see.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

Is it the jp501 area on the center of the pic?

The ph7 has a two pin header installed, the PH8 does not.

I see the jp501 location (almost in the center of pic posted) but can not identify where to solder the two pin header.
Do you know where to use jumper?

Sorry to bother but you stated.
Both Boxes Can Be Recovered. And Jumpers Not labled J200 But they do Have them.
Also that
I have picture but have to find them. Just got back from vacation and getting back into testing....
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:Is it the jp501 area on the center of the pic?

The ph7 has a two pin header installed, the PH8 does not.

I see the jp501 location (almost in the center of pic posted) but can not identify where to solder the two pin header.
Do you know where to use jumper?

Sorry to bother but you stated.
Also that
NO Thats Not IT.
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

CAPONE wrote:NO Thats Not IT.
aaaaaaa... OK
I understand.
That's what I thought you would answer.
Thanks for the help.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:aaaaaaa... OK
I understand.
That's what I thought you would answer.
Thanks for the help.
I could not see the other Pictures you tryed to Post. Maybe on one of them I can see where the Jumper points Are. I Still have not found the Pictures.
stomperz

BDM OFF Issuse

Post by stomperz »

Well I bricked 3 more box's (2-PH8's & 1 PH9)
Now I am starting to understand what my wife means by saying "One Too Many" :rolleyes:

I have tried board comparisons and different jumper configurations, but no luck.
Tracing circuits seems impossible. (to me anyway)

Has anyone made any progress trying to get the "BDM OFF Issue"?

4 Box's for sale cheep!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

How can you brick them? Setup teamviewer and I can take a look. There is "erase" and "sprogram" which can help you to debrick in BDM setup.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

stomperz wrote:Well I bricked 3 more box's (2-PH8's & 1 PH9)
Now I am starting to understand what my wife means by saying "One Too Many" :rolleyes:

I have tried board comparisons and different jumper configurations, but no luck.
Tracing circuits seems impossible. (to me anyway)

Has anyone made any progress trying to get the "BDM OFF Issue"?

4 Box's for sale cheep!
what are you doing to brick sooo many boxs???? to brick this many in a row you gotta be doing something wrong!!!! these boxs are VERY simple to program....what steps are you following? and what commands EXACTLY are you sending to these boxs? it doesn't really matter the ph they are all pretty easy..some you just gotta cut the resistor c105...and the odd one you need to flilp the firm...but other then that they're all basically the same...i'm thinking it has something to do with the commands your sending.....how bad are they bricked? can they still be detected? or are they all bricking to the same extent? usually if you screw different things up they will brick differently...not to often should you have to do the j201 method...i've only had to do it once outa all the boxs i've ever done...
live your life like a beer commericial
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

justsomeguy wrote:what are you doing to brick sooo many boxs???? to brick this many in a row you gotta be doing something wrong!!!! these boxs are VERY simple to program....what steps are you following? and what commands EXACTLY are you sending to these boxs? it doesn't really matter the ph they are all pretty easy..some you just gotta cut the resistor c105...and the odd one you need to flilp the firm...but other then that they're all basically the same...i'm thinking it has something to do with the commands your sending.....how bad are they bricked? can they still be detected? or are they all bricking to the same extent? usually if you screw different things up they will brick differently...not to often should you have to do the j201 method...i've only had to do it once outa all the boxs i've ever done...
j201 is for dct2500, NIC discovered the JP508 (last # is obscured) and it worked for my PH7.

Read all the prior posts. Especially from older members. Capone - MrSky - etc

Try to program a PH6 on a PH8 and the you will understand. You will be in the same sinking boat.

The first 2 were on purpose, but the last 3 my neighbor brought over were a "One Too Many" accident.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

stomperz wrote:j201 is for dct2500, NIC discovered the JP508 (last # is obscured) and it worked for my PH7.

Read all the prior posts. Especially from older members. Capone - MrSky - etc

Try to program a PH6 on a PH8 and the you will understand. You will be in the same sinking boat.

The first 2 were on purpose, but the last 3 my neighbor brought over were a "One Too Many" accident.
are you saying you tried to put a ph6 backup on a ph8? if so you should easily be able to recover the box...unless you screw with the boot the boxs should be faily easy to get back to life...i've tried many times swaping different ph's when i first started out to see which would work with which and they were all pretty easy to recover, so not to sure exactly what you've done here....but i'm sure we can get ya back in the game...
stomperz

Post by stomperz »

Not trying to be impolite but I am not the only one with this problem, maybe the most affected (4 box's) and persistent.

Please, I beg of you to read and study the tread from beginning.
I believe it will give you a better understanding of this problem.

almost "One Too Many"
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

trust me i've been keeping with this thread since the beginning, but like i said if you've bricked this many boxs and all have turned out the same like this then your doing something wrong...unless you bricked them on purpose to play around? or did all these boxs of yours go dead and bdm off trying to program them to work?
you say to try to put a ph6 on a ph8 and i'll see, been there, done that....i've tried all the ph's in different combo's to see what works and what don't in the past and have never had this kind of outcome from doing so....BUT i have had it screwing around with the boxs in other ways...lol...:rolleyes:

just a bit confused i guess as to if you bricked all these boxs on purpose or just the last couple or what??