this is odd 2224 behaviour

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

justsomeguy

this is odd 2224 behaviour

Post by justsomeguy »

so all i did was unplug my 2224 from the tv to switch tv's...plugged the unit into the new tv...***poof*** no power !!! it will flash a bunch of lights across the display when it's first plugged in but that's it !! it's really wierd...all i did was unplug the unit from the tv..can't get to the ocult menu or nothing !!! so i tried to reprogram it and all went good...then plugged it in again and got the same results !!...it's like the unit is dead or something...but like i said it all programmed just fine..it's not bricked or anything..so i don't really know what the hell is going on!! gonna leave it plugged in over night and see if it picks up..but man...i don't know what the hell to try now...anyone got any ideas???

justsomeguy
moddog

Post by moddog »

justsomeguy wrote:so all i did was unplug my 2224 from the tv to switch tv's...plugged the unit into the new tv...***poof*** no power !!! it will flash a bunch of lights across the display when it's first plugged in but that's it !! it's really wierd...all i did was unplug the unit from the tv..can't get to the ocult menu or nothing !!! so i tried to reprogram it and all went good...then plugged it in again and got the same results !!...it's like the unit is dead or something...but like i said it all programmed just fine..it's not bricked or anything..so i don't really know what the hell is going on!! gonna leave it plugged in over night and see if it picks up..but man...i don't know what the hell to try now...anyone got any ideas???

justsomeguy
I have that problem up to last night with DCT700 tho, i program the box 2 times and same problem to bring it back to life i just erase the boot and rewrite an its now ok:D
Good better best
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

moddog wrote:i have that problem up to last night with dct700 tho, i program the box 2 times and same problem to bring it back to life i just erase the boot and rewrite an its now ok:d
ya but this is a 2224
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:I have that problem up to last night with DCT700 tho, i program the box 2 times and same problem to bring it back to life i just erase the boot and rewrite an its now ok:D
It is very Common on the DCT700 and DCT2500
justsomeguy wrote:ya but this is a 2224
Heres how i take care of that problem for good. I write and Old BackUp ( NOT TOO OLD ) Then I connect box and let it take Firmware Update on its Own. Once Done With the Firmware Update I will Make any Changes to the Box.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:Heres how i take kcare of that problem for good. I write and Old BackUp ( NOT TOO OLD ) Then I connect box and let it take Firmware Update on its Own. Once Done With the Firmware Update I will Make any Changes to the Box.
OK...this might sound dumb...first off i've never taken a firmware update so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on this topic..lol...so i would just reprogram the unit and just leave the updates unticked? then just put the unit in the stream and it will update the firmware automaticly? won't that loose my premiums and movie channels on the box? or do i pull it out of the stream at a certain point ? now one thing is that i don't have a sub..so i don't know if that matters or not, also the line coming into my house is jacked from the pole...ahahaa....so i don't know if those 2 varibles matter in the firmware update. (like i said updating firmware is totally new to me)..

another question is...how is the box going to take the firmware update when it doesn't power up? like i said i can't even get to the occult menu so i can't see anything going on with this box...even after reprogramming it, it still programs fine but once plugged in nauto nothin !! lol.....

again please excuse my ignorance on this probably easy novice thing to do (firmware update) ....lmao !!!

justsomeguy
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:OK...this might sound dumb...first off i've never taken a firmware update so you'll have to excuse my ignorance on this topic..lol...so i would just reprogram the unit and just leave the updates unticked? then just put the unit in the stream and it will update the firmware automaticly? won't that loose my premiums and movie channels on the box? or do i pull it out of the stream at a certain point ? now one thing is that i don't have a sub..so i don't know if that matters or not, also the line coming into my house is jacked from the pole...ahahaa....so i don't know if those 2 varibles matter in the firmware update. (like i said updating firmware is totally new to me)..

another question is...how is the box going to take the firmware update when it doesn't power up? like i said i can't even get to the occult menu so i can't see anything going on with this box...even after reprogramming it, it still programs fine but once plugged in nauto nothin !! lol.....

again please excuse my ignorance on this probably easy novice thing to do (firmware update) ....lmao !!!

justsomeguy
First NO - Box will Not lose any Channels During Update. You Just write back a good Older Firmware and Nothing Else. Connect to tv and Coax and turn on TV. you will lose the guide ( Thats Normal when box starts to take update.) in like 10 min or so the box will power off then back on ( At that point it took firmware update but Not finished ) in about 5 to 10 Min It will lose picture then come Back. At that point you will get back the guide. Once you get back the Guide the Box has taken the Update and is Ready for you to Mod the Firm to change the UID.

Second question as you may already Know is NO - If box is Bricked it will NOT take Firmware Update.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

thanks Tundra...unfortunatly i just tried it and still getting the same results...what's wierd is that it all programs just fine and dandy...ready good. writes good...just when it's plugged in nothing..and it's even weirder that it happened when all i did was unplug it from the tv..!!@@%%...but it's still plugged into the stream and tv and nothing...just blank display and no signal on the tv..but it's not bricked...it all programmed just fine !!! maybe should i try putting my dip or allflash onto the box? all i did was program the nvram and code. do ya happen to know the commands to put the dip and allflash into the box? might as well try again a few different ways and see what i can come up with..maybe if i put everything back to original then i can try something else. is it just :

ldram dip

but what about the allflash?

man i feel like it's my first time here again with such a silly question and even sillier way things screwed up for me....

cheers

justsomeguy
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:thanks Tundra...unfortunatly i just tried it and still getting the same results...what's wierd is that it all programs just fine and dandy...ready good. writes good...just when it's plugged in nothing..and it's even weirder that it happened when all i did was unplug it from the tv..!!@@%%...but it's still plugged into the stream and tv and nothing...just blank display and no signal on the tv..but it's not bricked...it all programmed just fine !!! maybe should i try putting my dip or allflash onto the box? all i did was program the nvram and code. do ya happen to know the commands to put the dip and allflash into the box? might as well try again a few different ways and see what i can come up with..maybe if i put everything back to original then i can try something else. is it just :

ldram dip

but what about the allflash?

man i feel like it's my first time here again with such a silly question and even sillier way things screwed up for me....

cheers

justsomeguy
Not sure but think its

ldram 0
program 0 200000

you can clikc allflash on drpodown menu with tool NOT CONNECTED TO BOX then click on write tab I will display commands.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

still no go~~ maybe i can get usbbdm on logmein to help with this later...

i'm just totally stumped with this damn thing....but hey this is what testing is all about isnt it !!! wierd shit happens...

justsomeguy
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

So i ended up trying to reprogram this damn thing like 20 times...still every single time witth the same results !!! brutal ~~~ hey usbbdm if your around one day and not too busy think you can help a guy out???? lol...it's my last option i can think of....
UserName

Post by UserName »

[quote="TUNDRA"]First NO - Box will Not lose any Channels During Update.

only dvrs/hds do this , regullar boxes are cabable of taking a hit while updating.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused: