i need GENERAL INSTRUMENT DCT2000 MAIN BOARD 240684 - 605 - 99 - RB full backup

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

antonin120

i need GENERAL INSTRUMENT DCT2000 MAIN BOARD 240684 - 605 - 99 - RB full backup

Post by antonin120 »

??i need GENERAL INSTRUMENT DCT2000 MAIN BOARD 240684 - 605 - 99 - RB full backup
Killswitch

The Real Deal

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w! The very first thing you need to do is to understand that you're dealing with a piece of equipment that is 12 yrs.old and probably prehistoric. Secondly, you need to explain where you're from so that you can get a LOCAL backup that will bring your unit back to life. Thirdly, you have a General Instruments DCT 2224 non-PH Older board Digital Cable Box. You need to spell these details out in English so that you'll get people to respond to your Post. This box is so old that you're gonna need to cross your fingers and be on a very good day to get somebody in your city or town to send you a copy of their Backup. Good luck! You're gonna need it. I've got the same box as you and I gave up on finding Backup for this unit a while ago. Maybe you'll have better luck than me! Go for it!
moddog

Post by moddog »

End of life, but you can ask Mr knows it all maybe he have one to give.
Killswitch

Grim Reaper

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Dog - who are you referring to? Our second-in-command? Unless this
gentleman is lucky enuf to live in the Boston MA area I just don't see it happenin. Anybody that has NVRams for equipment this old/outdated is either THAT old/outdated himself or a genuine Freakazoid. I've been looking for a NVRam for this type box and I live in the sixth biggest city in the US. The only one I know with a NVRam for a Non-Ph Older board 2224 is literally, figuratively a junkie. Try that one on for size. Totally unreal but true! Have a Goodday, kind Sir.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Dog - who are you referring to? Our second-in-command? Unless this
gentleman is lucky enuf to live in the Boston MA area I just don't see it happenin. Anybody that has NVRams for equipment this old/outdated is either THAT old/outdated himself or a genuine Freakazoid. I've been looking for a NVRam for this type box and I live in the sixth biggest city in the US. The only one I know with a NVRam for a Non-Ph Older board 2224 is literally, figuratively a junkie. Try that one on for size. Totally unreal but true! Have a Goodday, kind Sir.
hey i'm not a junkie !!!and not an old man either !!!! well i guess in some aspects i am....i got like 4 or 5 backups of non-ph boards...but don't think they'd do ya much good. not from wayyyyy up here in the great white north !:D
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:hey i'm not a junkie !!!and not an old man either !!!! well i guess in some aspects i am....i got like 4 or 5 backups of non-ph boards...but don't think they'd do ya much good. not from wayyyyy up here in the great white north !:D
If used correctly They will work regardless of area. ;) But most people here are just so called TESTERS, Not real Testers So they Have No Clue on What to do. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

TUNDRA wrote:If used correctly They will work regardless of area. ;) But most people here are just so called TESTERS, Not real Testers So they Have No Clue on What to do. :D
:cool:
;) ;)
live your life like a beer commericial
moddog

Post by moddog »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Dog - who are you referring to? Our second-in-command? Unless this
Yes, the # 2 guy!
Killswitch

The Leading Edge

Post by Killswitch »

Oh, God - here we go. Just a matter of time. Hey, Mr. Tundra - I'll give you 2-1 odds on $20. that you can't mod your local Boston NVRam to stabilize on my Philly PA box for more than 7 days. One week! You'll have to mod and rewrite that RAM to the point of total disbelief. Ain't nuthin' but a thang for a man with your credentials to Remap the Channel Map up to snuff but, after that, the Security in Philly will definitely spit that thing out in no time flat. You're quite accomplished - no doubt - but you'll have to Bullseye this unit
like a DartBoard to stabilize this boy. I give you credit for your awareness and ability to rise up and be our #2 man but you'll have to be Incredible to keep it from going down. Any doubts here? My name's John - take the bet. In the meantime, have a very Goodday!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Oh, God - here we go. Just a matter of time. Hey, Mr. Tundra - I'll give you 2-1 odds on $20. that you can't mod your local Boston NVRam to stabilize on my Philly PA box for more than 7 days. One week! You'll have to mod and rewrite that RAM to the point of total disbelief. Ain't nuthin' but a thang for a man with your credentials to Remap the Channel Map up to snuff but, after that, the Security in Philly will definitely spit that thing out in no time flat. You're quite accomplished - no doubt - but you'll have to Bullseye this unit
like a DartBoard to stabilize this boy. I give you credit for your awareness and ability to rise up and be our #2 man but you'll have to be Incredible to keep it from going down. Any doubts here? My name's John - take the bet. In the meantime, have a very Goodday!
Testing is the Key Buddy. What I have learned on what I do My Way , I have learned out of testing different things and I draw my conclusions from the outcome of such Tests. I am 100% sure that you Or anyone else can Get the situation under control if you Test the Way I have Done. I won't post in Open Forum About it, However Anyone can do it if they where less afraid of Bricking there Boxes and took some Risks. After All thats why Its Called Testing. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
dustin21n

old non ph dct2224 board

Post by dustin21n »

i just found one of the this box laying around and was wondering if anyone kind enough to send me the update firmware for this box. mine is at 5.50