dct2224 Ph9 that is stuck in ber1

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.
pacman88

dct2224 Ph9 that is stuck in ber1

Post by pacman88 »

I have a dct2224 Ph9 that is stuck in ber1 and will not come out of this. I have wrote two good backups to it. Here’s what I have tried

RESET 1
init
FLSHDCT code
LDRAM nvram
LDRAM code
SETRAM nvram
SPROGRAM CODE

anyone know how to recover from this?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

In your step you forgot to do "erase".
When you use "sprogram" you must manually erase the sector. That is why you did not program it well.
pacman88

Post by pacman88 »

I have add in the step to erase the code before the sprogram code but I am still getting the ber1.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

pacman88 wrote:I have add in the step to erase the code before the sprogram code but I am still getting the ber1.
You can setup teamviewer and I can fix it for you. It is very easy.
pacman88

Post by pacman88 »

ok done and sent
softrend

Post by softrend »

Why is it Important to Delete the sector before sprogram?
sprogramm do not overwrite the content?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

softrend wrote:Why is it Important to Delete the sector before sprogram?
To make sure flash is all FFed out to avoid a corruped Write....
If you don't erase, Its like writing to your Hard Drive, One file replaces the other and causes Fragmentation, In this case that fragmentation is called CORRUPTION.

I always suggest to Erase 3 times then program using the Sprogram commands.....
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

In the sprogram algo, I did not put erase in there. In "program" algo I put the auto erase. That is why.

"sprogram" stands for slow programming. It is more like the most "program" for other JTAGs. "program" uses special algo so it is shoot for speed and thus "erase" is auto executed.
merkin

Post by merkin »

S/program does indeed write content, but maybe not the way one would think. The process of programming the flash involves changing bits from 1's to 0's only. If you do not erase flash (change all 0's back to 1's) prior to programming again, then bits that should be "1" may actually still be "0" from a previous s/program, but left unchanged since programming does not change 0's to 1's,only erase does. Not really fragmantation nor corruption, just the way the flash memory is designed.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:S/program does indeed write content, but maybe not the way one would think. The process of programming the flash involves changing bits from 1's to 0's only. If you do not erase flash (change all 0's back to 1's) prior to programming again, then bits that should be "1" may actually still be "0" from a previous s/program, but left unchanged since programming does not change 0's to 1's,only erase does. Not really fragmantation nor corruption, just the way the flash memory is designed.
Fragmentation or corruption is just a way to explain thing in a way easyer for non tech people to understand. GOD KNOWS 90% OF MEMBERS HERE NEED THINGS EXPLAIND TO THEM THAT WAY. LMFAO............

take this question and responce for example
usbbdm wrote:In the sprogram algo, I did not put erase in there. In "program" algo I put the auto erase. That is why.

"sprogram" stands for slow programming. It is more like the most "program" for other JTAGs. "program" uses special algo so it is shoot for speed and thus "erase" is auto executed.
IMHO the responce does not in ANY WAY answer why it is Important to ERASE, It only explanes the difference in the sprogram algo and program algo. Like this Member even knows what USBBDM means by algo........... Things that make me LMFAO :rolleyes:
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."