Half of channel map gone at another location

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

d0

Half of channel map gone at another location

Post by d0 »

Hello friends,
I noticed a problem here with the DCT2224s and channel mapping but if this is the wrong place to post it or it is violating the forum rules feel free to move or remove it, I do not condone TOS and I am a paying customer.
I have three dct2224s and I had them with most basic channels working here in my house. I took them to another place, which still uses same CC. Half the channels were not working anymore, then I took one of the boxes back to my place and same as before channels are working. Could this be a filter on the line at that place, or could it be because one place was subscribed to service and the other was not subscribed (new security). Please inform if anyone has had the same problem.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

it could be because you moved to a different part of the city, you might need to put a local backup from that area on it. if you can get a backup from that area from someone (if the person you brought the box to has a subb'd one of the same model try that one) I bet those channels magically reappear :D

as for the right area to post in...you got it bang on...you know where to put your stuff after being here as long as you have....lol. and in no way are you violating any kind of rules..lmao~
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ak4d7 wrote:Hello friends,
I noticed a problem here with the DCT2224s and channel mapping but if this is the wrong place to post it or it is violating the forum rules feel free to move or remove it, I do not condone TOS and I am a paying customer.
I have three dct2224s and I had them with most basic channels working here in my house. I took them to another place, which still uses same CC. Half the channels were not working anymore, then I took one of the boxes back to my place and same as before channels are working. Could this be a filter on the line at that place, or could it be because one place was subscribed to service and the other was not subscribed (new security). Please inform if anyone has had the same problem.
Its not a Security Issuse. More then likely Justsomeguy is correct. Just because its the same CACO does not mean the Channel Line Up is the same in all areas.
Maybe a Local NVRAM for that area will work and Maybe NOT. Worth a try.....
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."