my IPPV says enabled now.. but it was disabled when I started

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

shakajumbo

my IPPV says enabled now.. but it was disabled when I started

Post by shakajumbo »

I have a DCT2224 ph6. This is my 1st test box and I've been playing with it since last nite. I've bricked it, and un-bricked it playing around with it, and have been mainly trying to get the channels to line up right using that NVtool (Nice fun toys here BTW!)

Anyway I just happen to notice my diagnostic menu looks totally different now. Before it was a blue background with white letters. Now is a white square with blue letters. Last nite I was at firmware 8.16, now it says firmware 5.88-01 so I guess I managed to downgrade myself ha. But everything still works fine, and I'm still playing around with it, but surprisingly under firmware the 5.88-01 menu #9 labeled Upstream Modem - it now says IPPV: enabled, but it was IPPV:disabled on the other firmware 8.16 menu. Soon as I get my channel maps lined up I plan to test it out. Just wanted to see if anyone ever heard of that happening before..
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

shakajumbo wrote:I have a DCT2224 ph6. This is my 1st test box and I've been playing with it since last nite. I've bricked it, and un-bricked it playing around with it, and have been mainly trying to get the channels to line up right using that NVtool (Nice fun toys here BTW!)

Anyway I just happen to notice my diagnostic menu looks totally different now. Before it was a blue background with white letters. Now is a white square with blue letters. Last nite I was at firmware 8.16, now it says firmware 5.88-01 so I guess I managed to downgrade myself ha. But everything still works fine, and I'm still playing around with it, but surprisingly under firmware the 5.88-01 menu #9 labeled Upstream Modem - it now says IPPV: enabled, but it was IPPV:disabled on the other firmware 8.16 menu. Soon as I get my channel maps lined up I plan to test it out. Just wanted to see if anyone ever heard of that happening before..
This means your box is boot from the DIP flash not the TSOP flash. Virtually your TSOP flash is not used.
shakajumbo

Post by shakajumbo »

ahh ok makes some sense now. I guess when I tried to use that nvram with the updated channel map, it must've been corrupt or something and this is like 'safe mode' in windows.
shakajumbo

Post by shakajumbo »

Some interesting observations re: IPPV status

USBBDM you were spot on. The box wasnt booting from the TSOP. I followed the process 'to get the 0 off and boot from TSOP',

Looks like the box is booting off 7.93 now, and the Occult menu is back to normal. And the IPPV is still set to enabled. nice!

Current channel status says purchasable yes also.

Right now the app code module looks to be downloading the tv guide. When its done I'm gonna check it out.
shakajumbo

Post by shakajumbo »

ok so TV guide downloaded, and IPPV still set to enabled. Went to order pr0n to test it lol. The box went thru all the ordering prompts, but instead of playing the movie, screen went black. No error messages, just black screen on that channel. doh!

Also in the occult menu, current channel status. Purchasable & Purchased both say yes. Something's trying to do something.
shakajumbo

Post by shakajumbo »

Doh! the movie never played, and IPPV status now changed to unsent.

More testing..