April Fools

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

household2

Post by household2 »

when i install new software the missing channels dont come back
household2

Post by household2 »

im mean the channels that are missing
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

antonx wrote:how about some genius develops software to write to the xc chip ,, then a lotta problems would be solved ,,, and it could be CC's system is just so different now that no matter what yaw think of ,, wont work

Come on if the software to program XC was publicly available. The whole system will be change and you will be back at square one.
Prophecy is the most gratuitous form of error. Great ideas are the fuel of progress.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

household2 wrote:when i install new software the missing channels dont come back
they ain't gonna come back that easy!
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cali40 wrote:all I'm saying is stop being cheap nothing comes free....
I hate to say it , But I have to agree with you on that to a certain extent. However the worst is still to come and your suggestion at that point will NOT BE A VIABLE SOLUTION. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

household2 wrote:when i install new software the missing channels dont come back
You must have not read this entire thread. Nothing has changed inside the box so reprogramming it WON'T Help.............
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

snakeoil wrote:Come on if the software to program XC was publicly available. The whole system will be change and you will be back at square one.
That is true, however the cost of doing so will make that happen over a long period of time. It would not be an over night thing for them to do that.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I've gotta admit - I should've never posted a single word about this very common phenomenon. At the back end of this, I find myself as being the most directed, hardcore Tester in the city of Philadelphia. There are a couple of peeps in the backround but they fear being found out by the system. You'll have to put this unit on the MainFrame and Debug the thing in a more or less professional manner. You give it to a Subcontractor and he'll hook it to that 40 pin Header inside the box and you'll have the equivalent of CPR on a human. I've noticed that NOBODY ever talks about that 40 pin Header. Nobody. Less than nobody.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:I've gotta admit - I should've never posted a single word about this very common phenomenon. At the back end of this, I find myself as being the most directed, hardcore Tester in the city of Philadelphia. There are a couple of peeps in the backround but they fear being found out by the system. You'll have to put this unit on the MainFrame and Debug the thing in a more or less professional manner. You give it to a Subcontractor and he'll hook it to that 40 pin Header inside the box and you'll have the equivalent of CPR on a human. I've noticed that NOBODY ever talks about that 40 pin Header. Nobody. Less than nobody.
That is great and all but not all boxes have that 40 pin CPR Port. Besides they don't even need to open the box to CPR it.......
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Answers, Al ! You're spinning circles. You SAY that it's doable but,yet, has the same probablity factor as getting hit by lightning. Statistically impossible. Even for your Leader. From where we are, ya can't even Brute Force the thing back to productivity. I'll venture a guess and say that somebody inside that clique you're in has the spark to light it on fire. Gonna have to put on my thinking cap for this one. I'll burn out doing it .......
Killswitch

Stroke

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Al - first stroke of genius (I'll be strokin' all day) What if I go to the Comcast Automated Activation number and put it in line and let them Refresh this 2224? I've received a DCH 70 with one of those CableCards and am slightly unimpressed with it. However, a great place to start the troubleshoot. This might turn the trick.
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

LOL

this thread reminds me of when the ISP's went BPI+ a few years back and effectively knocked out 75% of all the "testers" basically overnight! The thinning of the herd as the killer clown likes to say! Just like in testing modems, there is ALWAYS a viable solution to new security features if you know where to look. Capone knows what he's talking about...You need to think outside whatever methods you learned that were public as those are the methods that the ISP's have turned against you! Same thing I do with testing modems...NOTHING that worked before works now, we are forced to think outside the proverbial box to find a solution.....
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

You fine folks are overanalyzing the problem. Let's put chalk to Blackboard and gimme a learning lesson for the day. I would be willing to post odds that the Automated Activation path will do trick. Any bets?
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

That's the spirit!!!

Test and see!

what do you have to lose? i followed the methods here and my 700 still works at my friend's house so we'll see how long it stays up! I have nothing invested in it besides time and effort reading...I have Sat tv and could give 2 shits for CC tv programming. Test and see what you can do...it works for cm's for me!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Al - first stroke of genius (I'll be strokin' all day) What if I go to the Comcast Automated Activation number and put it in line and let them Refresh this 2224? I've received a DCH 70 with one of those CableCards and am slightly unimpressed with it. However, a great place to start the troubleshoot. This might turn the trick.
Worth a try I guess, But downside is if all people do that they will close the door. They already have to some extent for the same reason.