Alice in Wonderland

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.

Moderator: justsomeguy

Killswitch

Alice in Wonderland

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon from Phila PA . This is where Alice lives. Received a PH9 from somebody that said it had a few Movie channels and Prems on it before it was Disconnected for no-pay back in early Feb. Hey, that sounds good, or so I thought. Go into Diags Menu to #7 and notice that it was Connected DES. I assume DES means Descrambled. Could be wrong. Jack the Box up without BDM and promptly discover the dreaded NOT AUTHORIZED scenario. I guess that this means that 68331 was Overwritten. I've also noticed that both Local and Non-Local Backups have no effect on this toxic waste problem. Tried everything I know to get the CC to apply a Hit because this is the answer to the problem at hand. These boxes require an Updated Key to do their natural-born thing. Using the Comcast Automated Activation number doesn't bring flowers. If I call the local Comcast HeadEnd, they're probably gonna want specifics on the Box and when they find that it's Unregistered, they'll give me the Hook. How do you enter NVRAM and configure a string to get the Box to Update? I want somebody who won't use the words Spoonfed or Freeloader to do Mods on Teamviewer to bring Roses to the vase. I've clearly had enuf of this Security. Applying a HIT should be an Automatic for a good Tester. This is where Alice lives. Let's open the door to TeamViewer and take it from there. And, like I said, forget about the woe/grief/misery. I won't have it.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

what kind of "hit" are you referring to?? are you just looking to get an update firmware ? or are you looking for an actual "hit" where the box is updated by head end with current keys, and proper sub info? because if there is money owing on that box you are NOT gonna like the "hit" you get as they will deactivate the entire box and you'll be up shit creek with no TV, and they will not reactivate the box until you pay the prior outstanding balance on it.

i know that you know how to update the firmware by unblocking the box and letting it sit in the stream for a bit...why dont you try that first. even go into the hidden menu and you can watch it update each app module as it goes so you know what is being updated....watch the box reset then reprogram and block it back up..you should be good to go
live your life like a beer commericial
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

From all this guys posts....Im really starting to think he believes that a 'HIT' gets sent to HIS coax line at HIS house lmao
Killswitch

Alice

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Guy - tell the fool who used to be on ABC to crowd some Cannabis into his Pipe rather than C4 and we can continue. Who is this guy? An ACTUAL hit, as you call it, is the ONLY real-world way to get that Key . I was aqble to do that on the sly at my old place but not at this new residence. To "snag" a Hit shouldn't be that hard but I've noticed that the Automated Activation line doesn't work. No surprise there. No, I owe no scratch and after you Restore with BDM, you SHOULD get an updated Map, Guide, etc. etc. That isn't happenin' anymore. Kinda strange - a little like the guy that they show Reruns of every now and then. Must be in that other guy's Loop.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Hey, Guy - tell the fool who used to be on ABC to crowd some Cannabis into his Pipe rather than C4 and we can continue. Who is this guy? An ACTUAL hit, as you call it, is the ONLY real-world way to get that Key . I was aqble to do that on the sly at my old place but not at this new residence. To "snag" a Hit shouldn't be that hard but I've noticed that the Automated Activation line doesn't work. No surprise there. No, I owe no scratch and after you Restore with BDM, you SHOULD get an updated Map, Guide, etc. etc. That isn't happenin' anymore. Kinda strange - a little like the guy that they show Reruns of every now and then. Must be in that other guy's Loop.
but like i said once you do get the head end to send a hit that box will get deactivated unless it is on an active sub somewhere, if the box is not on a active sub it will be useless to you. you cannot take that hit and still be able to keep all the channels it has from a prior sub. you will NOT be able to reprogram that box with the jtag tools sold here to reactivate those channels after the box receives the hit. understand? that's the problem that people are having now with this new issue going on. the caco has actually started to catch on that all they have to do is send new keys down the pipes to screw people over (kinda like sending a ECM back in the sat testing days~ but we knew ways around the ECM's so this is a different story)
cherrymachine

try...

Post by cherrymachine »

block the upstream and reinstall ver. 7.93, dont block anything (leave all unchecked on menu) and let it update. When its done (right away) reread the nvram and code then do all your blocking (menu) then rewrite everything.

this is actually simular to the post JSG just posted a few posts back
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, Cherry - just for the record, I appreciate your Feedback and consider you one of the sharper knives in the drawer for wisdom on 2224/2244's. I've tried that, sir, but get a DL04 error when it tries to load apps on 7.93 with the SPI from the Downloads section. I think that's because my MCA (multicast address) pool has become NOT CONNECTED. I've noticed without having MCA's in place, shit doesn't get done. Even asked our Admin once where to go in the NVRAM to reconnect the MCA pool and didn't get a clear,concise answer. I want this PH9 to wake up and enter the light. It had HBO's on it . It currently has 8.55 which is current for Phila PA. Once again, your input is valued. Thanx again.
cherrymachine

mca

Post by cherrymachine »

havent took notice on the mca. will note that next time..you can always go the VOD route for premuims. That appears to be still runnning
cherrymachine

vod

Post by cherrymachine »

Actually you can go VOD for most all your decent channels, more convient anyway. just dont do any PPV's
cherrymachine

Post by cherrymachine »

And like JSG said it may not work after it took the "unauthorized" hit, but works with a box that has'nt been updated prior.
cherrymachine

something else

Post by cherrymachine »

Another thing to try (and i believe this is what CapOne ? was hinting in one of his posts) is to take a subbed box, copy the nvram (channel map part) and rewritting to a box that hasnt BEEN online(updated), then blocking everything.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

cherrymachine wrote:Another thing to try (and i believe this is what CapOne ? was hinting in one of his posts) is to take a subbed box, copy the nvram (channel map part) and rewritting to a box that hasnt BEEN online(updated), then blocking everything.
all this stuff your saying is GREAT......EXCEPT...it's only good for getting a firmware update. this guy is trying to get his box to get updated keys and still keep the past sub..getting a firmware update will not fix his issue....
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

moongoon....i hate to say this ...but the only way your going to get anywere in this game at the stage your in is to actually order a sub and pay the couple months sub....activate your couple boxs you have legitmitally , and let them take new EVERYTHING....then call a month or so down the line and cut back to min sub package.....buddy for you...this is the only way your going to get out of your sistuation!
cherrymachine

update

Post by cherrymachine »

My area, updates the channel map along with the firmware..
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:all this stuff your saying is GREAT......EXCEPT...it's only good for getting a firmware update. this guy is trying to get his box to get updated keys and still keep the past sub..getting a firmware update will not fix his issue....
Right on target Buddy...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."