dct 2224 ph9 having Ber1 on display

Include DCT cable boxes and Starchoice boxes.
liljayballer1010

dct 2224 ph9 having Ber1 on display

Post by liljayballer1010 »

My dct2224 ph9 stuck Ber1 on display! It probably has something to do with the checksum. Most important I have good backup and have tried all the following necessary things and still no luck... Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks:

-reset 1
-R
-init
-r rpc 468
-r a7 200400
-flshdct code
Found Address= 00400000 CFI MX29LV161B

init
FLSHDCT code
LDRAM nvram
LDRAM code
SETRAM nvram
ERASE CODE
SPROGRAM CODE
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, been there and done that! At first you think that it's Checksum related but, most often is related to that renegade, outcast Flash Chip you see recognized after you Detected. That chip belongs on Gilligans' Island ! You need to issue the command cfi 0 to restore a sense of normalcy. Here's the sequence of commands:

reset 1
init
flshdct code
cfi 0
ldram nvram
setram nvram
ldram code
erase code
sprogram code
cmpram code
reset

If memory serves it took a couple of times doing this for it to Restore properly. This is as close to a Hard Core BRICK as you'll see with the 2224/2244 series. Don't sweat the details - it WILL wash clean and back to snuff. Goodday.
liljayballer1010

MoonGoon wrote:Yea, been there and done that! At first you think that it's Checksum related but, most often is related to that renegade, outcast Flash Chip you see recognized after you Detected. That chip belongs on Gilligans' Island ! You need to issue the command cfi 0 to restore a sense of normalcy. Here's the sequence of commands:

reset 1
init
flshdct code
cfi 0
ldram nvram
setram nvram
ldram code
erase code
sprogram code
cmpram code
reset

If memory serves it took a couple of times doing this for it to Restore properly. This is as close to a Hard Core BRICK as you'll see with the 2224/2244 series. Don't sweat the details - it WILL wash clean and back to snuff. Goodday.
Thank you, let me try that right now. I will get back to you.
liljayballer1010

MoonGoon wrote:Yea, been there and done that! At first you think that it's Checksum related but, most often is related to that renegade, outcast Flash Chip you see recognized after you Detected. That chip belongs on Gilligans' Island ! You need to issue the command cfi 0 to restore a sense of normalcy. Here's the sequence of commands:

reset 1
init
flshdct code
cfi 0
ldram nvram
setram nvram
ldram code
erase code
sprogram code
cmpram code
reset

MoonGoon, that definitely did it for the BER1 message. Thank you very much, I didnt know about the cfi 0. Great to know now. Anyways, the BER1 Disapeared and it looks like the box is back to normal but im only getting a black screen on my tv! Any suggestion?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

liljayballer1010 wrote:MoonGoon, that definitely did it for the BER1 message. Thank you very much, I didnt know about the cfi 0. Great to know now. Anyways, the BER1 Disapeared and it looks like the box is back to normal but im only getting a black screen on my tv! Any suggestion?
Which version of software are you using? Also cmpram is the key. You need to make sure you have programmed correctly.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

That's kinda funny - a box with overlapping problems. Go into the Diagnostics Menu ( power OFF then quickly hit SELECT ) Go yo #1 at the top and see if you have any Errors. You wanna see E 00 - No Error. Next is #6 to see if you've got a current Firmware. You should have 8.55 down in FLA and my guess is that you've got something around 8.16 . Usually. qa black screen means that all of your Apps haven't downloaded to completion. For that one, go down to #10 and see if you're ASTB VALD. If it says ASTB BLDG, it means that the Fiemware, TV Guide, Extended Menu and VOD need to update and download. That'll take around 20 mins. or so. It'll run a Countdown on every App and you should have 4 of them. After that you should have Video and it's entirely likely that you'll only have Local channels. But, at least you'll get practice Restoring these Prehistoric boxes. You need to get comfy with the Diags Menu. Go there and poke around. I'll be standing by.