X-Chip Location (SWAP)

XC chip, auth and block SPI command.
intArray

X-Chip Location (SWAP)

Post by intArray »

Hi,

Where exactly is the x-chip located on the on the dct2000 PH7 board?

Is it U700, U901, U500

Reason why I am asking is because I want to attempt to swap chips.

Many thanks.

-intArray
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I do not think you can swap the chip. The battery is used to hold infomation in XC chip and once swapped you will get an E11 box. Unless you can hold power while swap chip. The chip locate at the center front of the board. It is not hard to find.
intArray

Post by intArray »

I will remember the battery thing, I will probably trace the +v and +g and wire them together before I take the chip off.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

those chips are very sensitive and i doubt you will be able to swap them even if you keep voltage to them. i remember someone here trying to probe pins on the xc chip with an ocilliscope and fried it. good luck and let us know how you make out.
intArray

Post by intArray »

looks to difficult.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

extreemly. its hard to heat it up lift it off the board and still keep charge,

i never took one out but mabe there is a way to read it with outside programmer?

its a plcc 30 somethign no?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There almost exist on all the XC chip a 4 pin connector (not soldered or soldered, I saw DVI3000 has it soldered.). I bet that is used to program the chip. But could also be SPI. There is also a 27Mhz lable. It is not JTAG since JTAG needs more than 4 pin.
cipher

Post by cipher »

Yes, it is possible to move an ACP without losing the NVRAM contents but it is extremely difficult and seems somewhat pointless since the gain is so small. You would have to use a high wattage heat gun and high temp flux to free and the re-solder it all the while not allowing a single instance of time without the VCC and VSS supply, way too challenging.

The small pads located near the chip are not for programming the ACP. The pads are test contacts of the MPEG stream too and from the BCM7015. This stream is tuned and fed to the ACP for decryption and if the right key is used it is returned as a decrypted mpeg signal. Some of the stream data if returned in the SPI channel e.g Program ID, EMM etc.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

there is a jtag looking type like we have 201 for jtag there is a 471 it might be a jtag port who knows.
elkora

Post by elkora »

sorry for replying to this post I know its old and maybe dead but I need to be clear on the XC CHIP.

Questions!

if I have full backup from wide open DCT then.

1. If I install new XC CHIP can I restore my full backup?
2. can the XC CHIP be programed before install using special tool?
3. if the XC CHIP its successfully install after programing I have to restore back NVRAM & CODE?

replacing the XC CHIP it's possible with the right tools the question is if the new XC CHIP can be clone or if there is no way to program the XC CHIP with jtag or any other device.

Thank You!
krunkcraig

Post by krunkcraig »

I Believe their is an easier way using your usbbdm m.c. I think i saw a program that might program the chip, Its called Turbo BDM or something.....It suppose to use inputed values and find the output values for certain characters that are inputted by the program. I can provide a link if any of you wish to look over the source, since I'm just guessing. I do believe its coded in Assembly.
elkora

Post by elkora »

can you please PM the link.

Thank You.
junctionbox

RE

Post by junctionbox »

i will have something soon to authorize all channels so stay tuned
krunkcraig

Post by krunkcraig »

How so? is it something with the firmware?
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

I Will Contact Bdm When I Recieve And Test This Device And I Will Leave IT Up To Him If He Wants To Release To All On The Site As A Security Measure