restoring full backup of firmware

Firmware related issues.
cablecowboy

restoring full backup of firmware

Post by cablecowboy »

it seems every post that I need with links are dead. I need to restore my back up firmware and i found this little post from patsfan. but when I click program I get the window popping up asking for destination and size. its a non ph so is the destination 400000? and what do I put for size...thanks

ldram --- load your saved backup off your computer

setram --- to write to the box(nvram)
program ----to write firmware

I guess I skip setram because that says its for (nvram)

I think I do
reset 1
init
ldram code
program
and then size and destination
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

1. You need to identify the type of flash you have before you can program it.
2. Depending on what type of box you have, you may need to flip the firmware.
3. From the menu bar select Tools -> Config.
4. Select your board type under target select (the program will exit after you select your
board type) and click "OK". Re-launch the program.
5. Do the following steps:

reset 1
init
ldram code
ldram nvram
flshdct code ---- this is important! You will not be able to program the flash without it!
program code ---- I assume the backup firmware is from the box you're trying to program.
setram nvram
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

thanks drknebula, so I dont just type program. I type program code. I was typing program and then a box popped up and asked me for dest and size and flashtype....thanks for the help. I will try that.
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

Right, you have to type "program code" to program the code segment and prevent that box from popping up. You can just type "program" as you have been doing but then you will have to specify the starting address and program range - that's why the box was popping up. Just make sure you have the right target selected--sounds like you have a NON-PH board so just make sure the firmware doesn't have to be flipped and you should be good to go! If you want to use that box that pops up, the two values you must specify are 00400000 and 00200000. If the firmware is flipped, the two values you must use are 00500000 and 00200000.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

thanks a lot, I got it fixed up and yes mine had to be flipped. You were a huge help and thanks again.