Lock the channel map for 7.93

Post by usbbdm »

Before I make the real function in DCTTest.dll if anyone interested, try this,
load the code (Assume ph7/8/9)
go to address 0044A2A8
Chaneg 6700A4 to 6000A4.
Fix the checksum
program 406000 aa000
Your channel map will be kept. (I am working on the channel mask).

This will be useful for whoever want to play with the channel map. The CC can not update your channel map.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Locking the channel mask has not been success. I will add channel map lock first to all the testing dlls. We can start to play with the data in the channel maps and see if we can do anything. Without channel lock, our channel data will be replaced by CC in less than a minute after boot up.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

it updates because some small numbers in nvram...

is the mca numbers. i belive they are responsible for tvguide and automatic update .....how i guess this is by testing like a few months ago cloning area to a diferent area.

in the first 10000 of the nvram ....thats in 2000 models.....i cant find it in 700\2500

same thing with firmware update i stop firmware update by erasing the ASTB blocks.... and firmware dosent update no matter what this is 100% working on 700 too i just tested.

i suspect the mca numbers are another big factor in this process and maibe something else ......but everything that has to do with channels is in the first 10000 off nvram and controlled form there...

again now i know that this works on 700 too havent tried 2500 but i think is same.....2000 models only 7,8,9
bgnrhckr

Lock the channel map for 7.93

Post by bgnrhckr »

how do i gain access to my box, to do these things mentioned? Do I need special software for my computer and then directly connect via usb? My software version is 71.44-1203, firmware 12.31. I do not own this box, does this matter? it is my cable companies but i will buy one to play with if i can be assured it will work. Any help is greatly appreciated.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

whats the model 2244 2224 700 2500 motorola or waht i havent heard of that firmware.
bgnrhckr

Post by bgnrhckr »

it is a DCT Motorola 6412 III dual Tuner DVR with HDMI. If this is incorrect where do I get the model and software from? i am looking under the configuration screen for the S/W version
tester5

Post by tester5 »

i am working on DVR for now this is not accesable.
bgnrhckr

Post by bgnrhckr »

ok thanks, keep me updated if you hear somehting. what abot for non DVR motorola boxes, how would i access them
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

bgnrhckr, welcome to the forum. your posts are a little off topic for this thread. also info on working on other motorola boxes is already here. have a read.
bgnrhckr

Post by bgnrhckr »

i apologize, new to this message board thing. What is this thread referring to? Can you point me in a better direction
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

this thread is about modifying a channel map and stopping the CC from changing it back to the default for firmware version 7.93.
JoeGreen

It works--- somewhat..

Post by JoeGreen »

Thanks!
I just tried this (from first message in this thread) and it works!

Once I got the map locked, I changed a channel to a different channel. For example, I did not want shopping channel on ch 10, so I changed map so ch 10 is another channel. It works! I can tune to ch 10 and see new channel I put there.

But.. I need to go back and review because now I have gaps in TVguide data and it has wrong labels for some channels. :(

So, maybe I did something wrong .... ?

Thanks again, we're getting close! I will be interested in seeing the mod to test the revised channel mask.

Keep up the good work!
JoeGreen

OK, I think I figured some of this channel stuff out...

Post by JoeGreen »

Someone want to check this,, I think I figured it out.

Analog channel map entry look like this:
(example)
80 00 00 10 aa bb ch 00 00 00

aa bb = TV Guide TAG

ch = channel (in HEX)

I went back and copied the TV guide tags from the appropriate channels (from a valid local NVRAM) and it worked!

It looks like the same is valid for digital channels. just change the '10' to 00 and use ch plus trailing 00's fill in channel (hex again).

example for digital ch:
80 00 00 00 aa bb ch 04 00 2a

aa bb = TV Guide TAG
ch = digital channel
04 = ?? part of channel value?
2a = sub channel?

Someone care to correct so I can update my notes ...please.

Hope this helps someone trying to do the same thing.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

the new numbers in the digital must be the ID

look under curent channel status diagnostic 7

this is great we might be able to add channels from diferent area. i will get into this /
04 = ?? part of channel value?
2a = sub channel?

042a must be the id

or 2a04/
tester5

Post by tester5 »

mine still stops on 610 damit do you know why i cant read the fuul channels.