DCT 2224 Non-ph Older Model

Firmware related issues.
Killswitch

DCT 2224 Non-ph Older Model

Post by Killswitch »

8) Good afternoon. It never ceases to amaze how many random variables exist in Testing and the time it takes to find them out. I never knew that with my Older board, there's more than one type (types 1 and 2) . In other words, when I load 7.93 code from the Download Files to serve as a starting point for my Zeroed unit, will I need to flip the FW? I've read once or twice that if I don't flip, the box will hard-core brick. On the other hand, USBBDM has told me that 2224's will always be able to be restored back to normal Basic service. How can you tell if you need to Flip? Whew! Damndest unit I've ever seen! Non-ph are UNREAL!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:8) Good afternoon. It never ceases to amaze how many random variables exist in Testing and the time it takes to find them out. I never knew that with my Older board, there's more than one type (types 1 and 2) . In other words, when I load 7.93 code from the Download Files to serve as a starting point for my Zeroed unit, will I need to flip the FW? I've read once or twice that if I don't flip, the box will hard-core brick. On the other hand, USBBDM has told me that 2224's will always be able to be restored back to normal Basic service. How can you tell if you need to Flip? Whew! Damndest unit I've ever seen! Non-ph are UNREAL!
You will only have the Flip Situation in the CR4 and PH6 Boxes. PH7 and Above you Never have to Flip. Now on the CR4 and PH6 If you click the testing TAB and get an error then you flip the Firmware and Try Again. I have found very few Boxes that need to flip the firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Flipper

Post by Killswitch »

:cool: Thanx for the speedy reply. I was of the belief that flipping the code was a commonplace necessity for success. Since I can't get somebody to pony up 8.17 in the Philly area, I'm gonna try the 07.93 tvg 73.04 spi code from the Downloads section in combo with the ph61 NVRam and see how far that gets me before I need to use NVTool to pump up a Channel Map. Funny how much of a challenge this GI box has become. I thought I was sharp before I came here and then I learned the truth. I ain't worth spit and I'm not as sharp as once believed. What a humbling experience. Thanx again and have a goodday!
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You can use scrip to test to see if it is type II. If it is then you need to flip the firmware.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote::cool: Thanx for the speedy reply. I was of the belief that flipping the code was a commonplace necessity for success. Since I can't get somebody to pony up 8.17 in the Philly area, I'm gonna try the 07.93 tvg 73.04 spi code from the Downloads section in combo with the ph61 NVRam and see how far that gets me before I need to use NVTool to pump up a Channel Map. Funny how much of a challenge this GI box has become. I thought I was sharp before I came here and then I learned the truth. I ain't worth spit and I'm not as sharp as once believed. What a humbling experience. Thanx again and have a goodday!
No Problem Buddy. Were Glad to Help. I do Have a Cr4 8.16 BackUpo if it does you any Good.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."