Firmware related issues.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

Woo Woo Woo....

So I have to get the nvram
Disconnect the box
Upload it
flash the authBlockconnect firmewear

and then I won't have any issues? That doesn't make sence... unless it bypasses the disconnect option.
cipher

Post by cipher »

The connect and disconnect function changes two values in the DCT's NVRAM it is not nessesary to use a specific version of NVRAM to accomplish the control of this state. The following paired values control the connection state in ver 7.93 of the application.

00200F2A 00 = Disconnected
0020B13E F0 = Disconnected

00200F2A 01 = Connected
0020B13E F1 = Connected

The possible reasons for your situation are as follows.

1 - The flash was not accually performed with the ABAC firmware.
2 - usbbdm missed something.
3 - There is more than one way for the CC to control the state.
4 - To remain connected the application requires some piece of information that is blocked.

I would not replace the NVRAM.
Just verify that you did flash it with the ABAC firmware. Remmember on PH7 and up do not start the programming at 400000 always start at 406000.
Then reconnect it.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

it hapen to me before when i used firmware connected and nvram connected the firmware and nvram was geting shut. afhter that i reprogram the firmware only and left the disconnecte untouched and was fine
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

OK, I left the NVRam alone after my last disconect, and just did a

program 406000 aa000

With the firmware. The box worked for five minutes and then shut it's self off. I did it three times and the same results. What is the proper steps to use the firmwear? What I did first was follow the "0" guide. When that didn't work I used a working NVram & did a program 400000 200000. Then I tryed just the program 406000 aa000.

Am I missing something? I thought I was doing everything right, but the bix keeps getting disconected. Is it possible that the CC has a timer set for communication to the head end?
cipher

Post by cipher »

GTF696,

Any chance you checked the mem values of the addresses I posted before working on it?
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

Oh, no, I forgot to. I got tired of not watching TV so I just uploaded the nvram. When it shuts down in a week I'll let you know.
cipher

Post by cipher »

When it got disconnected did you try unplugging AC to the box to reset it?
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

Yes I did. and still nothing. It actually got disconnected again... so it's happening more fequently now. probably because of the NFL Play offs.

Anyway, I'll check those values and post the results.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

cipher,

Those values do not exist in my nvram. I would be happy to send you my saved Firmware and nvram from the box. I swear I did everything by the book... but maybe I miss read the book.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

I'm going to play for a while... I have it working again, and it's lasted for five minutes.

I just reflashed the firmeware... To uber make sure...
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

Right after I posted that it shut off on me again... It won't stay connected.
cipher

Post by cipher »

Yes I would like to see the nvram before and after. Check the PM I sent you..
cipher

Post by cipher »

GTF696,

Could you check the firmware version in your box when you get disconnected and verify that it's @ 7.93 from the diagnostics.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

sorry, I had to format and reload my computer

I have the nvram and code ready to e-mail. I never got your PM cipher. Also, the original firmware and nvcode is lost. I can howeve just do a connect the box and it will work. It just shuts of after about a week.
cipher

Post by cipher »

GTF696,

I have checked both the nvram and the code. The nvram is in the disconnected state. The addresses are slightly different from what I have but the data structure seems to be the same.

The firmware is not the ABAC version and seems to have additional code that I have not seen before. This would give in to the following possibillities.

1) The CC is targeting certain UID's with a disfunctional/modified or new firmware.

2) The firmware file your using is corrupt/incorrect.

A possible solution quite is simple. Spoof the UID with a known good authed UID or other UID and lets see what happens. I can program it for you if you need help with that. It would be best if the spoofed UID was real and authed but it does not have to be. You can PM me one if you can one otherwise I can create one for you.