Using NVtool to Create a NVRAM for a DCT2224 box from a DCT700 NVRAM

NVRAM related issues.
umoms

Post by umoms »

I have a NVRAM from a DCT700 box in my area. I want to use NVTOOL to copy all the channels to a DCT2224 box I have from a different area. Are these the right steps?

Open NVTOOL
Action---Configure
Choose: DCT2000 (Left Side) DCT2500/700 (Right Side)
Open DCT2000 NVRAM
Open DCT700 NVRAM

Click on Out then Choose 'Ch'
Press 'Cp' and put -1 in the first box and leave the second box at 0

After I press Ch again it shows both sides the same.
Now I save it.

Is this all? Or am I missing something?

After doing all this I run the following commands:

-reset
-init
-getram nvram
-ldram nvram
-setram nvram
-exit

After doing so every channel is showing as To be Announced

and One Moment Please...This channel should be available shortly.

In the Diagnostic Screen

General Status
Errror : E 00
No Error

Purchases : 0

Platform ID : 0*0011
Family ID : 0*000B
Model ID : 0*00E6

Tuner : V860DL

Remod channel: 3

Firmware Version 7.96 Boot 7.41

Current Channel Status
Type digital 00
Status INIT

CONNECTED

Preview NO

Service 9 Status 9 ID 0*002C 0*00

App Control Module

ASTB BLDG 50 4 714

0082000 07.96 ENABLED 00001 0
Tv_Guide 74.02 ENABLED 07DA 1

then on the bottom it says

MODULE ERROR TIME
ncvodtv_ DL04 05/21/08 9:20:10
ncodttv_ DL04 05/21/08 9:21:08

each minute or so that line keeps coming up.

Any ideas?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

Vod will not load on itself. if xc does not have the flag as far for to be announce something is not good there might be 2500 nvram or 2000 corupt
mtullochreid

Post by mtullochreid »

Were you able to resolve that problem - I'm in the exact fix trying to clone a DCT 700 nvram to my DCT2000.

Let me know if you figured it out...and how.

Thanks !
sphinx

Dl04

Post by sphinx »

"DL04 means that your set-top can't tune to the background service that is indicated in the conditional tune message. In other words, it's trying to download the TVGuide code but it can't find the (hidden) channel that it is being told to tune to.

This can indicate that your set-top has an incomplete channel map. It can usually be cleared up by a REFRESH message from the headend. If Shaw allows you to re-authorise your box from their website, try that. If not, call CS and ask for a refresh."

Taken from: http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthr ... rs&page=30
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

I am running DCT2244/1661 ACDEG PH8
cable from 'RF IN' to 'to RF IN' is unplugged (uplink disabled this way)
I have not changed the EMMID
UPM,UID, and Network Address are cloned to a legit and authorized box that is currently disconnected.
Code Checksum and EEPROM Data Checksum have been selected.
This is how my box was running prior to below.
----

I found out more info about this problem:

I had 7.93 firmware from a box in my area with a bunch of really old applications (tv guide, etc..), but for some reason every time I changed the UID and rebooted the box, it would change to a different UID. So I programed 0793original.bin as 'program Code' from this site to see if that would fix it. It worked and now my UID would change to whatever I wanted.

I hooked my box up to the tv, but didn't plug int he coax. All the applications were still there which makes me think that the applications are stored in the NVRAM and not in the Code. Everything looked great at this point until I plugged in the coax.

Under D10 diagnostics menu, all of the applications began to be deleted and I got the DL04 error message at the bottom of the screen.

This leads me to thinking that there is something wrong with the 0793original.bin firmware in the downloads section. Maybe it needs to be changed somehow to work with Comcast?
sphinx

UID and UPM

Post by sphinx »

So apparently you can't choose any random 10 digits/letters for the UID and the same for 6 characters for UPM. It has to be a certain range or else when you check the UPM or UID, it will show some random set of characters. So for example, when choosing a UID like 9967538911, it will not work. For some reason USBJTAG NT doesn't like the 9 at the beginning.
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

I reflashed my 2244 with the backup of NVRAM.bin and Code.bin that had the old tv guide prior to connecting the coax but with the 7.93 firmware from another box. However, the applications are not there anymore. I don't understand why this is since this nvram and Code backup had the applications!

However, when I use the nvram and code that someone else had sent me from their box, the applications are there. This is very confusing for me.

I had also done a "Full Firmware Backup" in USBJTAG NT by pressing the "F" button at the top. This did a getram 0 400000. I saved this as 00000000.bin. What are the commands to restore this file? "ldram 0 400000" doesn't work.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The version of "application" is in NVRAM. So play with NVRAM might stop application (guide) to work.