Loaded Good NVRAM back to same DCT but lost Premiums

NVRAM related issues.
lifehacker

Loaded Good NVRAM back to same DCT but lost Premiums

Post by lifehacker »

Greetings, I called the cable company and ordered all of the packages they offer in order to get a good loaded NVRAM with everything.

Once I read and saved the NVRAM, CODE and RAM, I called them back and downgraded to the lowest digital service possible.

Im in Napa, CA. The cable Co is Comc@st. The DCT Board Version PH8.

I programmed the NVRAM that had all the channels back to the PH8, replaceing the NVRAM that was downgraded with basic service.

The only thing I did was changed the UID. I get some channels like the ones that are free but no premiums. I do however get VOD.

When I change it to a premium channel, it says "Not Authorized".

Did I forget to do something? Ive read the forum but cannot find anything specific with instructions on ideas of how to correct this.

Thanks for any help possible.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

no wrong.
you call upgrade.
once have channels
you jtag/bdm box
fake uid to any random uid.also fake upm
then call downgrade.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

lifehacker wrote:Greetings, I called the cable company and ordered all of the packages they offer in order to get a good loaded NVRAM with everything.

Once I read and saved the NVRAM, CODE and RAM, I called them back and downgraded to the lowest digital service possible.

Im in Napa, CA. The cable Co is Comc@st. The DCT Board Version PH8.

I programmed the NVRAM that had all the channels back to the PH8, replaceing the NVRAM that was downgraded with basic service.

The only thing I did was changed the UID. I get some channels like the ones that are free but no premiums. I do however get VOD.

When I change it to a premium channel, it says "Not Authorized".

Did I forget to do something? Ive read the forum but cannot find anything specific with instructions on ideas of how to correct this.

Thanks for any help possible.
You need to understand how things work.

1. Your XC chip hold the keys to decipher the video of premium.
2. If your XC chip receives the auth-deauth command its keys will be changed.
3. When you call your CC to get channels, your XC chip get the keys.
3. When you call your CC to downgrade and your did not fake UID, your XC chip will lose the keys.
4. When you call your CC to downgrade and you had faked UID, your XC chip will NOT lose the keys.

You must check the faked UID by go to diag screen to make sure you have done the fake UID.
virus.b

Re: Frequent Video Key Change

Post by virus.b »

Eventually, faking the UID wont do a thing anymore because CC are getting smarter. They will change the video keys more often, and faking the UID will only last about a few weeks.
elmastermind

Post by elmastermind »

virus.b wrote:Eventually, faking the UID wont do a thing anymore because CC are getting smarter. They will change the video keys more often, and faking the UID will only last about a few weeks.

100% correct changing UID does't work anymore