DCT 2224 and DCT2244?

NVRAM related issues.
killac93

DCT 2224 and DCT2244?

Post by killac93 »

Anybody know if these two units are cross compatible? I've been playing around with files from both and have two good backups from both types. The reason I ask is because upon doing some testing and loading from 2224 to 2244 it seems to not take and get a screen error like "berr 1" or something similar on the box display itself. Now when I'm testing dumps from the same exact model I don't have this issue. Is there something that I'm missing here or are they simply not compatible. These two just seem so similar.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

killac93 wrote:Anybody know if these two units are cross compatible? I've been playing around with files from both and have two good backups from both types. The reason I ask is because upon doing some testing and loading from 2224 to 2244 it seems to not take and get a screen error like "berr 1" or something similar on the box display itself. Now when I'm testing dumps from the same exact model I don't have this issue. Is there something that I'm missing here or are they simply not compatible. These two just seem so similar.
2244 has a phone modem on back which is unimportant for the testing.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

usbbdm wrote:2244 has a phone modem on back which is unimportant for the testing.
usbbdm,
thanks for the response but I have to admit you lost me there. Did this pertain to my questions or is this a nice little way of telling me to be careful:rolleyes:
baddawg83

Post by baddawg83 »

All he is saying is the only difference that he can see is that on a 2224 there is not a phone jack and on a 2244 there is. Simple as that. Nothing at all to do with being careful. Just the only difference that he can see is all.
killac93

Post by killac93 »

baddawg83 wrote:All he is saying is the only difference that he can see is that on a 2224 there is not a phone jack and on a 2244 there is. Simple as that. Nothing at all to do with being careful. Just the only difference that he can see is all.
Exactly, and what did that have to do with my original question. I know one has a modem and one does not as that is obvious. If you read the original post you would see where they are not related.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

killac93 wrote:Anybody know if these two units are cross compatible? I've been playing around with files from both and have two good backups from both types. The reason I ask is because upon doing some testing and loading from 2224 to 2244 it seems to not take and get a screen error like "berr 1" or something similar on the box display itself. Now when I'm testing dumps from the same exact model I don't have this issue. Is there something that I'm missing here or are they simply not compatible. These two just seem so similar.
Thats why USBBDM Said that.
Now To answer you Directly , Similar is not the same as SAME. Rather than concentrating on 2224 or 2244 Look at the Board REV.
CR4,PH6,PH7,PH8 & PH9 Tell Us What Board REV you Have and Someone will Likely Have a BackUp they Can Send you to DeBrick your Bricked Box.
On the Other Hand you Can Always try a BackUp of the good one and see if it Works for the Bad One, Its Called TESTING. Maybe you end Up Answering your One Question.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
baddawg83

Post by baddawg83 »

So see it did pertain to the question that you asked. Tundra just said so as well.