using NVTool

NVRAM related issues.
Killswitch

using NVTool

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon. I'm attempting to use NVTool to copy a string of data from an Old Board NVRAM to a PH9 NVRAM I'm planning to button up. For a complete viewfinder of this issue, refer to the excellent Video produced by our friend FelipeFerras on the Knowledge Base part of the Forum. Superior work on that one! Nevertheless, I'm attempting to relocate a string on the Old Board NVRAM that begins at 3098 and ends at 30B7 . I'm attempting to copy it onto the PH9 that begins at 37B8 and ends at 37D7 . When you configure the Old Board RAM on the right and the PH9 RAM on the left and try to copy right to left, it won't copy into the correct spot. Even though the Admin highlights these strings in black to let ya know they're important, I can't get it spot on. I can hear it now - User Error. Yea, ya know. I'm Mr. Dunderback. Totally flawed trying to move data from one file to the next. This one's the proverbial Bitch.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:Good afternoon. I'm attempting to use NVTool to copy a string of data from an Old Board NVRAM to a PH9 NVRAM I'm planning to button up. For a complete viewfinder of this issue, refer to the excellent Video produced by our friend FelipeFerras on the Knowledge Base part of the Forum. Superior work on that one! Nevertheless, I'm attempting to relocate a string on the Old Board NVRAM that begins at 3098 and ends at 30B7 . I'm attempting to copy it onto the PH9 that begins at 37B8 and ends at 37D7 . When you configure the Old Board RAM on the right and the PH9 RAM on the left and try to copy right to left, it won't copy into the correct spot. Even though the Admin highlights these strings in black to let ya know they're important, I can't get it spot on. I can hear it now - User Error. Yea, ya know. I'm Mr. Dunderback. Totally flawed trying to move data from one file to the next. This one's the proverbial Bitch.
Send both NVRAM to me and I can take a look. I do not understand the output from your window last night.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I opened your files.
Here is how to work on it.
Configure both file as DCT2000.
Open the file to be copied first and then open the file copy from.
1. CLick R and enter 1,1
2. Click copy to left
3. Save.
Hope this can help you.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

After I open both files, If I click R or enter Actions to Read the Parameter, I get a disclaimer and exclamation point that this is a Debug Function only. How do I bypass this obstacle ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:After I open both files, If I click R or enter Actions to Read the Parameter, I get a disclaimer and exclamation point that this is a Debug Function only. How do I bypass this obstacle ?
Use down arrow and see if the highlight is the range you want. I can rebuild this and enable this feature to release version.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir, that works but when I copy, it takes the highlighted string and copies it into the same spot on the Left side. I need to shift the string into a different spot and, if I didn't know better, I would say that this might only be able to be done with a Hex Editor. Just don't know why this Update string got shifted into a different position to begin with. Doesn't the string on a PH9 board start at 37B8 and end at 37D7 ? The string is down around 33A0 . Does it matter where the string is rather than the fact that it's just there ?
d0

Post by d0 »

Sorry not trying to hijack your thread moongoon but I an NVTool sort of tool for TI DOC3 Modems would be great. Where we can copy the certs from one to another with ease.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Hey, RifleMan - doing that with Docsis 3.0 Security is probably gonna be tougher that trying to solve the riddle of the NOT AUTHORIZED issue in Digital boxes. Go call on Capone for that one. He's excellent with Modems but won't touch that one with the 10 foot pole. Goodday.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please download newer version of NVTool and see if it works for you.
talypascual

A New nvtool version

Post by talypascual »

usbbdm wrote:Please download newer version of NVTool and see if it works for you.
Is there a new nvtool version ?
ramses18

Post by ramses18 »

i download the new version but does not work on widows 8 :(
To master the functions of your Hardware, Read read read read read read read read until your eyeballs fall from their sockets! Then, reinsert and read some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

It doesn't work well on Windows 7 either. Copy to Left is NOT doing its natural born thing. Copy All to Left - yes. Copy to Left ? No.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

MoonGoon wrote:It doesn't work well on Windows 7 either. Copy to Left is NOT doing its natural born thing. Copy All to Left - yes. Copy to Left ? No.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit without any issue.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Please excuse me - I stand corrected. However, it runs the data into addresses that aren't necessarily highlighted. A little more Testing might clarify the way the Tool works. Hex Editors will always be a little confusing. Even simplified ones like this. Thanx for making things a bit easier.
snakeoil

Post by snakeoil »

MoonGoon wrote:It doesn't work well on Windows 7 either. Copy to Left is NOT doing its natural born thing. Copy All to Left - yes. Copy to Left ? No.

When you copy left, click on goto next item or goto prev and back and you will see it change.

Works on Windows 7 and 8 with no problem.
Prophecy is the most gratuitous form of error. Great ideas are the fuel of progress.