nvram and the upm

NVRAM related issues.
junctionbox

nvram and the upm

Post by junctionbox »

each nvram has a upm number on most systems the upm number is very important and on others i beleive the xc chip is important this is when the xc chip controls regular pppv and video ondemand and on others systems its broken up in two parts the xc which controls regular ppv and the upm which controls vod i beleive the latter is the newest version it takes up less memory than the first . now the upm number is like a mac address each nvram has a upm number that is different from each other now those who are experience in the modem concept know exactly what im talking about modems are simlar first the firmware than the mac address the converters are similar to this concept when dealing with video ondemand first the firmware than (upm) nvram . i believe the system that has the xc chip control both regular ppv and video ondemand have more problems than the new version which is split in 2 now fellows we need to help each other those of you that are onthe same parish or counties need to exchange nvrams with each other people request nvrams but know one is willing to fulfill so when someone request for nvram please be kind and do it everyone must contribute who joins this site i spent many man hours xperimenting on video ondemand and im willing to share my findings so if possible if someone request for nvrams for their cities or towns please assist them thank you
tester5

Post by tester5 »

xc chip has a flag that sayds ppv enable...if that is not on then you have to force the application to be on.....some use 2 flags one is that reads if channel 1 is enable one reads if ppv is enable. if we know how this go we can fake that and work but we have to crack the vod application.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Let me see if I can add the upm change in the test.dll. If it is in the NVRAM and it matches the rule of other NVRAMs, it should not be too hard to change it for DCT700/2500 and DT2224.
junctionbox

the upm

Post by junctionbox »

sir if you could do this this will cutt a lot of red tape and we could use the same nvram to bring in vod on most systems and this will make our site more challenging because progress is in the making and another thing you think we will have this in the test dll soon?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think I found how to change UPM on DCT2000. I need someone test with me. This will be in 0.23 DCTTest.dll for DCT2000 and latter will add to DCT700 and DCT2500. It is in the NVRAM.
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

ill attempt to test with you sir but first where do i find 0.23 test dll at? so i can down load it
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

0.23 just uploaded. Please test and give result here. I will update DCTTes.dll for DCT2500 if this works.
junctionbox

FIRST UNIT

Post by junctionbox »

first unit running well but need several days to upgrade 10 to 15 units that were having connection problems then i will know for sure if this is actually working but so far so good sir
junctionbox

same box

Post by junctionbox »

put different nvram on unit that got upm change that was working good since i put different nvram and change upm unit is taking a while to receive ip still waiting upm number came from diconnected unit also under dia12 nvram from disconnected box it was unconfig but still testing also the nvram i applied on box came from active cc account
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I uploaded 0.47 for DCT2500.
jamesjames
Can you post how to change UPM to test VOD please?
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

hi sir and good morning first let me tell you about the goooood news yesturday i was explaaining to you how i took a active nvram that someone subscribed to and placed on my unit this nvram always kicked me off when i did it prior to your download because it was conflicking with each other now its working perflickly i also used a upm number that came from a ph6 unit unconfig under dia12 its active now the downside it took the box 5 to 6 hours to attain an ip address now my next advenger is changing all the upn numbers on all the units that are conflicting with each other. now my explaination people use a nvram that is active or thats been upgraded when it was disconnected but make sure under dia12 doesnt say unconfig if so apply an active nvram on it first then put it on the system so it can up grade only if the dead unit has a lower firmware than your system the commands to apply an upm number is (reset 1,init getram nvram goto dcttesting at the top highlite UPM now type in setram nvram)(for the 2500 series commands are detect,getram nvram goto dcttesting highlite upm now setram nvram)
tester5

Post by tester5 »

there are other numbers that are important...so far i am still testing . the DVR revealed couple screts about video stream.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

adrianbv6 wrote:there are other numbers that are important...so far i am still testing . the DVR revealed couple screts about video stream.
Can you tell me what are they, maybe I can add them in to the test.dll too.
junctionbox

dct2224 and dct2500

Post by junctionbox »

have 2 units up and running dct 2500 and 2224 both have upm change both clash with sister units now both working fine with vod
afallison

Post by afallison »

just wondering, can you fake the upm? i just changed the last couple numbers randomly of the 3 i have running and i have no clashing. did i just get lucky by getting a good number?