Debug Mode

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
Killswitch

Debug Mode

Post by Killswitch »

Good afternoon. Now that yesterday's Key change here in Philadelphia has left only one (1) survivor, I need to administer Backup to it. It must be wearing a Flack Jacket, and it's a 2224/PH6 model. I've noticed something that only experts on first generation equipment would know. It's probably a design defect - these Motorolas reboot and reset far too frequently. When I hook the BDM onto the Header and drop it into Debug mode (reset 1) apprx. 20 secs. later, it'll reset itself back to a normal mode. Another 20 sewcs. later, it'll do it again. This is almost normal. I've seen 2224's reboot EVERY nite attempting to collect data on Purchases of PPV's . I'm wondering how I can drop it into Debug mode and get it to stay there until I'm ready to reset it back to normal. Personally, only the Admin and the Inner Circle will have the drop on this one. So, I'll put the unit aside and be patient. This is obviously a Hardware glitch that only an Electrical Engineer would understand. This one pops out of Debug mode almost immediately. Comcast is now WAY ahead of Yours Truly. Just cut my stones off.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Killswitch wrote:Good afternoon. Now that yesterday's Key change here in Philadelphia has left only one (1) survivor, I need to administer Backup to it. It must be wearing a Flack Jacket, and it's a 2224/PH6 model. I've noticed something that only experts on first generation equipment would know. It's probably a design defect - these Motorolas reboot and reset far too frequently. When I hook the BDM onto the Header and drop it into Debug mode (reset 1) apprx. 20 secs. later, it'll reset itself back to a normal mode. Another 20 sewcs. later, it'll do it again. This is almost normal. I've seen 2224's reboot EVERY nite attempting to collect data on Purchases of PPV's . I'm wondering how I can drop it into Debug mode and get it to stay there until I'm ready to reset it back to normal. Personally, only the Admin and the Inner Circle will have the drop on this one. So, I'll put the unit aside and be patient. This is obviously a Hardware glitch that only an Electrical Engineer would understand. This one pops out of Debug mode almost immediately. Comcast is now WAY ahead of Yours Truly. Just cut my stones off.
You need to remove C101 to disable watchdog. Not a software defect.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w ! Thanx for your timely reply. I had always thought that C105 applied to non-PH and CR4 boards only. Just glad to find out that this wasn't a randomized, unexplained phenomenon. Thanx very much for the learning lesson. I know how to do virtually anything on these units save that issue. Also noticed that PH6's use 460 rather than 468 as an RPC in the Registers. This is my first PH6 and they apparently are patterned after the previous generation. It even has a DIP Chip for use with FW . Actually had 5.50 on it - that thing is prehistoric yet recently refurbed by Comcast. Once again, thanx.