fixed an e 11

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
cherrymachine

fixed an e 11

Post by cherrymachine »

I fixed an e 11 box yesterday - during programing it would jump out and hang up bdm - set up a script for reset flsh 406000 and typed in the command so all i had to was hit enter. then held in the reset on the board
(cr4) between the 2 ribbon connectors top right while pluggin in the unit for 15 seconds . when releasing the button (still pluged in) hit enter. it took the program and now works fine. It still jumps back out of program mode when i try to do another setram firm but i do the same thing over and it does program.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

are you sure it was e11? an e11 box has lost it's uid in the xc chip which you can't write to with the bdm software.
cherrymachine

e-11

Post by cherrymachine »

It was definitly e-11 and you couldnt program it - it would reset then jump back out in about 3 seconds - it seemed like if you did it fast enough it would catch. It never went back to e-11 after the first time. Might be a fluck. I have to try it on another e-11 box when i get one. It was a CR4 board by the way. And great product and board by the way. Any info on the channel info would be hepful too. thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have several E11's and I would like to have a try. But what is the new UID? Since XC chip has a RAM and I am not surprised to see if there is a way to initialize the XC chip. But I will not believe that the chip will have its initial UID back.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

not true there is no way u can get the keys right....unless there is some kinda test protocol motorol made that alows XC chip to gather the keys from the video stream and reset them ....it could be some kinda test u need to test more to realy find out whats up....

like on 2000 ph8 to program flash u ground a pin and bdm truns on then u can program but before you do so u need to remove ground...so tricks are out there...jequence is unknown.

i had similar situation 2 dead boxes they wouldnt even go into bdm...
i cant say 100% sure they had all the channels before they went dead i dont remember most of my boxes do....but once i grounded that pin and revived the bdm then worked and had every single channel open..but still no PPV enabled so that made be belive they had all channels from before.
cherrymachine

e-11

Post by cherrymachine »

I picked up another box with e-11 on it (same guy) said it was sitting in his garage for about 10 years. did the reset button with script and the box took the firm and the ram. I took pics of the screen and will pm then to you. The a7 came up 2004fc or something like that. I got video and sound. (no Premiums) It jumps back to e-11 when i unplug it because the mem batt is shot. its running .07 volts. The firm was a backup so it came up with its uim. im going to replace the batt and retry and see if it sticks.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

are you shure your not flashing a firmware with faked uid because what you explained what your dooing i have done that too and u cant program the uid like that........most likely if there is a way to program the uid other way then rf even rf might have some kinda sequance to stop the battery power from hiting the chip untill is done with programing then reaplys power... some kinda security...

try to fake uid on a box that has no battery on it WHEN u tell the company to send hit to that legal uid the box will shut down and act weird even bring back the E11 and makes it go on 0.(but if has a battery in place the box stays on and nothing happens)..its another thing i also found to be interesting...
cherrymachine

e11

Post by cherrymachine »

yes it was a fake id. when i was done i got the locals and music and an uncryptic movie channel. when it was erasing a7 read right but when it went to program it jump to something close buy not exactly. i took pics at every step to record everything. i have to find the camera cable though.
(damn teenagers myspace crap)