Boxes hot from wareHouse.

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
bug

Boxes hot from wareHouse.

Post by bug »

I heard from the Local Installers and seen 2 diff boxes that are hot/Open/On when it leaves the Office. I heard that its on so it can be tested in field and installed in a house. then the box is added to that house bill.

But if its the weekend the box is not added until monday sometime.

1st. I might get one working like that. Can I back it up and reprogram with it.

2nd. Can I clone any info on it. and use it on other boxes

3nd. will I need to disable the Return?

the box is set from what I heard to last like 3 day befor it turns it self off.

is that A Timer or something that kills the box if its not added to some one home.

thanks all.
xer0

hot boxes

Post by xer0 »

I personally have about 35-40 of these "wide-open" boxes ranging from DCTs to DVRs and they work fairly well. They usually come from the warehouse with PPV, on demand access and of course every channel.

1st: you can backup the information on the box, such as the firmware, nvram, etc., but if they deauth the box, it will not matter, because it always depends on the XC chip. This can be helpful if it simply gets “disconnectedâ€￾. Trust me. I have about 10 limited basic boxes!!!!

2nd: if you clone the info to other boxes that may not do any good because it depends on the other boxes XC chip.

3rd: you will need to make sure that you take all the standard precautions, such as changing the UID, UPM, blocking uplink, etc. It is especially important to block the uplink on the DCT 700’s or any DVR’s!

Lastly depending on the company the boxes will not go into an inactive state until about 2 weeks. These boxes are however put on a lost status list and are issued deauth commands and if you make one mistake when changing ID’s or blocking uplink, you can say goodbye to that box and hello to a paper weight or limited basic.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

dvrs are not simple .....
bug

Post by bug »

NO all DCT are working. not just DVRs.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

dvrs nobody can do right now.they do come open do not use them they get disco quick.
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

thats sad we ve waited so long for this info for the dvrs
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If it is not to fight the cloner, we would have much more on DVRs. Soory for keep you guys wait for so long.