dct is dead please help.

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

dct is dead please help.

Post by FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY »

i have been reading and starting to get the hang of it although not watching tv yet. can some one tell me what i can do to fix my ph 8 .
i loaded ph6 firmware on the ph8. now the ph8 will not light up or power up. still can read nvram. any help would be very appreciated ,thanks in advance.did i kill it?
usbbdm

Re: dct is dead please help.

Post by usbbdm »

FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY wrote:i have been reading and starting to get the hang of it although not watching tv yet. can some one tell me what i can do to fix my ph 8 .
i loaded ph6 firmware on the ph8. now the ph8 will not light up or power up. still can read nvram. any help would be very appreciated ,thanks in advance.did i kill it?
You are unlikely to kill a PH8. Setup VNC and I can help you out.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

dct is dead please help.

i can sense its got life, i think i need to write to another area to get her back up. i tryed writing back the original code but i get error at 410000.also the firmware ph6 i read from a working ph6 that i couldnt figure how to flip,so i tried it anyway. sorry just getting a little impatient.so i believe i wrote all ffff to the ph8. dum move i know.
usbbdm

Re: dct is dead please help.

Post by usbbdm »

FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY wrote:i can sense its got life, i think i need to write to another area to get her back up. i tryed writing back the original code but i get error at 410000.also the firmware ph6 i read from a working ph6 that i couldnt figure how to flip,so i tried it anyway. sorry just getting a little impatient.so i believe i wrote all ffff to the ph8. dum move i know.
I think your box is still ok.
Try to use the firmware and NVRAM from the CD and see if you can at least see the box is back to life. Then use a proper NVRAM. Getting code from PH6 is fine but make sure the data of 404000 can not be used from PH6. PH6 does not have a good data on that area (assume you already flip the firmwre).
tester5

Post by tester5 »

do not ever plug in the usbbdm in the box or in the usb port of your computer while the box is on.

box u plug in last ...or u will kill the box
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

dct is dead please help.

i keep getting error 410000 when trying to prg firmware.the good news is i figured out the scripts. makes life easy,but glad i had to understand it a little first. but may have done what you said adrian,not to do......but i have done it before and other dcts are ok(at least light up.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

yea i don it before too some are stronger i dont know why....the way the board is made// some are weak. i broke 6 boxes like that just to prove it that was the reason the motorola cpu die
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

dct is dead please help.

any luck repairing it?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

no i havent tried i have a lot of access to many others ..but people that have to buy them shouldnt try do it the right way
cipher

Post by cipher »

I am sure your CPU is fine. You would not be able to use the BDM functions if it was not. If you programmed the boot block with a PH6 firmware you may have messed up the SIM (System Integration Modual) address map registers which could explain why you get an error at 410000. This is normally set by the BDM initialization program. The SIM controls the Flash Memory chip select lines and can really screw it up if not loaded correctly on boot up. The CPU will go into supervisory mode after boot up and you may not be able change it without supervisory access. So you must flash the boot block with the correct firmware.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

dct is dead please help.

thanks guys , so i guess what i need is a set of commands and the flash for the boot section.im gonna need someone to hold my hand from time to time ,i do appreciate the help. thanks.