After ussing this code my box is DEAD PH 7

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
otrebor1

After ussing this code my box is DEAD PH 7

Post by otrebor1 »

My BOX is: DCT 2000 PH7 I got that code from the FORUM where you gave it to someone

After ussing this code my box is DEAD:
reset 1
r rpc 468
r a7 200400
init
flshdct code
ldram nvram
ldram code
program code
setram nvram

Is any way to get it back on...BDM detect it but is not TURNING ON
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

How the box is dead? Nothing display on LED or "berl" What is the value of rpc after "reset 1".

Always backup before you program anything. Where is your backed up firmware? Have you tried to program your initial firmware back.

DCT2000 will never bricked by program any thing to the flash. You can 100% recover back with BDM if it is only programmed bad. After reset 1 you have 100% control the target CPU.
virus.b

Re: 2nd Bricked DCT2224!!

Post by virus.b »

Wow! That makes 2 - bricked DCT2224's! Yup, same problem with mine. Completely DEAD too! As soon as I type RESET 1, the left hand register window shows all FF FF FF FF for EVERYTHING.... I think the CPU is dead or shorted somehow.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

All FFFF.
1. BDM is not connect properly.
2. CPU is dead.
3. BDM is damaged.

You MUST see BDM ON after reset 1. You should be able to modify the register like r rpc 468. Check the register by typing "r" command.
If not check those three. If yes you can fix the box.
usbbdm

Script to debrick.

Post by usbbdm »

Please download http://www.usbjtag.com/pafiledb/index.p ... view&id=83 I have added script to debrick DCT2000 boxes. It should be quite simple if you have the back up of NVRAM and code.
eddymvp

Post by eddymvp »

otrebor1 wrote:My BOX is: DCT 2000 PH7 I got that code from the FORUM where you gave it to someone

After ussing this code my box is DEAD:
reset 1
r rpc 468
r a7 200400
init
flshdct code
ldram nvram
ldram code
program code
setram nvram

Is any way to get it back on...BDM detect it but is not TURNING ON
Samething happened to my box.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I am very surprised to see a "programmed and dead" on DCT2000 boxes. These boxes cannot be "dead" by programming.
The "reset 1" will force the CPU go to BDM mode regardless what firmware you have wrote in. Actually PH7 and PH8 use exact the same firmware. The problem is, though, you should not try to program the area between 400000 to 405ffff. Even you did that, I see no reason this will cause the box to go to dead state unless the bootblock of PH7 kills the PH8 hardware and if that is the case then the box is dead.