Usbdmexe vs.usbdmntexe

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
junctionbox

Usbdmexe vs.usbdmntexe

Post by junctionbox »

2 days ago a hundred miles away from my home cc had a channel upgrade inwhich made some of my test units go into (one moment please) this was do because i checked on uid application (block channel upgrade) so that mean all i had to do is apply (nvram) uid and upm inwhich i did. Now the argument is when i use the above technic with the old usbmexe every unit turned out perfect no (ber 1) and no burned out units.the moment i started i switched over to very new usbdmntexe using the same commannds and same technics i get ber 1 burned out units i used the same (nvram ) that i used on the old usbdmexe .(sir (usbdm) the new usbdmnt exe has (kinks) that need to be address immediately its not me the lacks incompetance its the new (usbdmnt exe) you do your own testing and see what im complaining about .do this test for example .get a fresh nvram apply it to a unit with the old (usbdmexe) fake uid and upm now go get a fresh box thats working apply same nvram ,fake uid and upm but use your new (usbdmnt exe)on it and watch your unit either go into ber 1 or go dead.your old usbdmexe is much more reliable than the (new usbdmexe) its unpredictable.ive tested with hundreds of units with the old usbdmexe and never had these types of on going problems maybe more than anyone on this site.PS ONCE THE UNIT GOES IN (BER 1) USING YOUR NEW (USBDMNT EXE) YOU CANT MODIFY IT TO COME OUT OF (BER 1) WITH THE OLD USBDMEXE WHEN YOU GET A UNIT WITH (BER 1) AND APPLY THE TECHNICS TO GET IT OUT OF THAT STATE YOU BE SUCCESSFUL EVERYTIME
junctionbox
shappyking

Post by shappyking »

Ok, thanks for the information..
Let's Share Info & Crack the XC Together ;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jamesjames wrote:2 days ago a hundred miles away from my home cc had a channel upgrade inwhich made some of my test units go into (one moment please) this was do because i checked on uid application (block channel upgrade) so that mean all i had to do is apply (nvram) uid and upm inwhich i did. Now the argument is when i use the above technic with the old usbmexe every unit turned out perfect no (ber 1) and no burned out units.the moment i started i switched over to very new usbdmntexe using the same commannds and same technics i get ber 1 burned out units i used the same (nvram ) that i used on the old usbdmexe .(sir (usbdm) the new usbdmnt exe has (kinks) that need to be address immediately its not me the lacks incompetance its the new (usbdmnt exe) you do your own testing and see what im complaining about .do this test for example .get a fresh nvram apply it to a unit with the old (usbdmexe) fake uid and upm now go get a fresh box thats working apply same nvram ,fake uid and upm but use your new (usbdmnt exe)on it and watch your unit either go into ber 1 or go dead.your old usbdmexe is much more reliable than the (new usbdmexe) its unpredictable.ive tested with hundreds of units with the old usbdmexe and never had these types of on going problems maybe more than anyone on this site.PS ONCE THE UNIT GOES IN (BER 1) USING YOUR NEW (USBDMNT EXE) YOU CANT MODIFY IT TO COME OUT OF (BER 1) WITH THE OLD USBDMEXE WHEN YOU GET A UNIT WITH (BER 1) AND APPLY THE TECHNICS TO GET IT OUT OF THAT STATE YOU BE SUCCESSFUL EVERYTIME
Are you using the old dll on the new software? I have not test that as the API has changed a little bit. Ber 1 is very easy to fix. It just meas that the checksum of the platform is not legal. I need to collect information about your box to fix those issue. Is it PH6 or PH7/8/9?

I need to use VNC or logmeing to see the problem. USBBDM NT shares the program with USBJTAG NT and I am focusing on features on JTAG side. So I might have less testing done to the BDM side. But as I promised these problem will go away as I am going to make the NT much better than the old one. The adjustable clock alone can lead more device to be supported.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You have a very long sentence and it is very hard for me to test what is wrong.

I am having BDM NT in front of me and I did read and write (apply fake UID) with USB BDM NT without any problem. If you have found the bug please state clearly as I promiss you to fix any bug that might exist. I do not understand what is going wrong from your post. Break them in to paragraphs. Put notes as what is not working.

My understanding is BER1 is because that the plat has bad checksum, I am using DCT2000 0.20 BDMNT 0.11. Check to see if you have the same version.

If you think it is hard to explain, please setup VNC or logmein. Your help to fix this bug is appreciated.
junctionbox

RE

Post by junctionbox »

Sorry for the long unconcise sentences and paragraphes but its from confusion ,need to ask a question.suppose i use the old usbdmexe and extract nvram from a unit ,now could i use that same nvram with the new usbdmnt exe? Or do i need to extract nvram with the new usbdmnt exe? Maybe my problem lies because im using nvrams i extracted with the old usbdmexe this is maybe why each time i apply usbdmntexe and apply nvram to a unit it goes into (ber 1).i never used usbmntexe to extract nvram i always used the one that i had saved in the old usbdmexe folder.
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jamesjames wrote:Sorry for the long unconcise sentences and paragraphes but its from confusion ,need to ask a question.suppose i use the old usbdmexe and extract nvram from a unit ,now could i use that same nvram with the new usbdmnt exe? Or do i need to extract nvram with the new usbdmnt exe? Maybe my problem lies because im using nvrams i extracted with the old usbdmexe this is maybe why each time i apply usbdmntexe and apply nvram to a unit it goes into (ber 1).i never used usbmntexe to extract nvram i always used the one that i had saved in the old usbdmexe folder.
OK. I understand your problem and I will test myself. I will use OLD USBBDM read NVRAM and apply it using BDMNT. Will let you know the result.
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

thanks for your help
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Sorry I could not reproduce it. Pleas euse vnc or log me in and see what is wrong. It must be the step difference and I am sure I can fix it.
IPphR33Kr

BDMNT Bugs

Post by IPphR33Kr »

I can completely agree with JunctionBox. I never had problems using old USBBDM. I decide to support efforts and purchase new BDMNT and have made 2 boxes completely unresponsive using same technics. I'm absolutely for sure that there was no fault on my part. Admin could not even explain problems - people you need be careful and refrain from using BDMNT now but the this is very sad and I'm disappointed after I've referred so many people to this site.
joejoe332006

Post by joejoe332006 »

IPphR33Kr wrote:I can completely agree with JunctionBox. I never had problems using old USBBDM. I decide to support efforts and purchase new BDMNT and have made 2 boxes completely unresponsive using same technics. I'm absolutely for sure that there was no fault on my part. Admin could not even explain problems - people you need be careful and refrain from using BDMNT now but the this is very sad and I'm disappointed after I've referred so many people to this site.
I couldn't agree with you more. The software is very limited and has alot of bugs in it, but according to USBBDM his software is perfect and must be the user fault and doing something wrong as he tells everyone. I am also very sad to say that I made a very bad choice on buying his product. I guess you live and learn on things like this.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

IPphR33Kr wrote:I can completely agree with JunctionBox. I never had problems using old USBBDM. I decide to support efforts and purchase new BDMNT and have made 2 boxes completely unresponsive using same technics. I'm absolutely for sure that there was no fault on my part. Admin could not even explain problems - people you need be careful and refrain from using BDMNT now but the this is very sad and I'm disappointed after I've referred so many people to this site.
While I was with logmein with you last night, I see nothing wrong with the software and the box itself. But you disconnect me the logmein with no reason and thus I cannot test any further and you did not show me your problem. (You said your box will show BDM OFF and I see it perfectly BDM ON)

I am pleased to fix any bugs you can show me but it seems you do not know how to use logmein and I have failed to use teamviewer because I have supported too many sections and the teamviewer is stop working.

With the situation you are now, I see no difference to use old BDM or BDM NT.

The real reason could because the 8.08 firmware comes out and all the command should now use program 406000 ba000 instead of old program 406000 aa000.

If this is the case, regardless if you use old BDM or BDM NT you will get a box with "berl". This is simply the firmware is bigger now and you need new command.

Follow the debrick the process if your box is bricked and there is a video for BDM NT now.
Again I am pleased to help you fix your box but please do not disconnect me while I am helping you and I will be in chat tonight. You need a good backup first.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

One more thing to note for BDM (NT) user, when downloading the dll, if you are using BDM, download the dll withing the BDM section, when when using NT, download the dll from NT section. They are not compatible and cannot be exchanged. All the functions are identical but the API has changed. I still keep them in sync as far as the features.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

joejoe332006 wrote:I couldn't agree with you more. The software is very limited and has alot of bugs in it, but according to USBBDM his software is perfect and must be the user fault and doing something wrong as he tells everyone. I am also very sad to say that I made a very bad choice on buying his product. I guess you live and learn on things like this.
Where did you find I say it is perfect? I just say I am happy to fix any bugs. BDM NT is certainly better. Old BDM NT cannot work reliably on devices like ECU411 or Starchoice box. The new feature of adjustable BDM clock make this possible.

Please if you find any difference in the software that you think is not good, state CLEARLY so I can fix it. I had developed both product, there is no reason I make the new one worse than the old one and if there is a bug, of course it can be fixed.

From the whole thread, I just cannot find anyone had say what is wrong. Then I have to use logmein to find myself. IPphR33Kr was afraid to use logmein while in chat and he believes someone will hack his computer I think. Send me the link via email and I can still help you.

I am not going to blame you cannot use the software, the software has changed and so do some commands. (sprogram was introduced and not a lot of people understand how good this is, it can work even the box is bricked and you do not need to use command to set the RPC and A7). Granted I know how to use them and I might not make it clear to everyone how to use them via document (how many people read the manual pdf anyway, they just come and ask, that is why I created some videos and I still find they are more willing to ask than to watch the videos.)
IPphR33Kr

BDMNT Bugs

Post by IPphR33Kr »

I've only posted 5 times as I've read and testing functions through myself. I was very thorough in giving information. I installed the latest package and used test dll file from usbjtagnt section.

I have known of using first "erase code" then "sprogram code" and have had to use it when encountering a freeze during programming. Are you saying it should be used at all time as "program" is unreliable entirely? Simply it started with everything working fine except bdm status would go "BDM OFF" when erase, program, or sprogram but boxes were still responsive to commands just not functioning without bdm.

http://imagebin.ca/view/85tmSc2V.html (FIRST BOX)

(v SECOND BOX v)
reset 1
init
flshdct code
save code "test.bin"
getram code
--FIRMWARE TEST - DO NOT FORGET TO PROGRAM
erase code
ldram code "test.bin"
sprogram code
getram code
FIRMWARE NOT SUPPORTED

I also was using as I said old techniques and old firmware. I wonder why I should even try this adapter again with current software. The reason I disconnected you was because you were not acknowledging our conversation once you got into logmein. You said oh CPU is bad and firmware is bad. Then you gave me commands that are in tutorials to debrick a box that made them flash 1008/3057 which you had never heard of ... then after trying to reprogram them they became completely unresponsive. Do you think that you can get the now unresponsive units to respond? I had a fresh install of Windows on the laptop and was not fearing you hacking me. You wanted me to "show" you something that I already stated and showed you screenshots of that you could not explain. I started talking with you back in 2005 under different name and board even and again have barely needed to post. I've spent $240+ on old and new products to support your development. I will be glad to speak with you tonight. still hope all is well.. Your time is appreciated...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

http://imagebin.ca/view/85tmSc2V.html
you posted had a bad RPC.
http://www.usbjtag.com/tutorial/dct2000 ... ebrick.php
video shows when you have bad RPC how to debrick it.
Did you watch that video? If so you do not need to use erase or sprogram.

It is not no-reponsive PM. You need to put back the chat while I PM you. (you should hear at least some sound when I type in the chat). Next time I will use logmein to chat with you instead.

When I say video I mean the new tutorial video I created. When you show me picture, you certainly do not notice what RPC value are. Again I think you are very experienced and without my help you should fix this box before tonight I go online.