Non PH and CR4

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
TecHunter

Non PH and CR4

Post by TecHunter »

I have 3 non PH boxes and 1 CR4 box thats legit and working. Can I clone this Nvram from the CR4 to the Non PH boxes. They all are local boxes but when I connected the nonPH boxes with BDM, I get no channels just a message that channel will apear shortly.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

yes
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

So far I have cloned the code & nvram from a legit CR4 board to 2 non-PH boards. Now I can get guide and all channels, but the picture nor sound never comes in. I get a message saying something like "Channel will appear shortly", but never does.

I have tried flipping the firmware also without flipping! Still same result. Can someone tell me what im missing?

Oh yeah, the boxes are all local.

I have a third box that I left the original nvram and code alone and just used the Connect option, and it does the same thing? One thing I do notice about this one is that the time is 1 hour behined.

HELP! :?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

TecHunter wrote:So far I have cloned the code & nvram from a legit CR4 board to 2 non-PH boards. Now I can get guide and all channels, but the picture nor sound never comes in. I get a message saying something like "Channel will appear shortly", but never does.

I have tried flipping the firmware also without flipping! Still same result. Can someone tell me what im missing?

Oh yeah, the boxes are all local.

I have a third box that I left the original nvram and code alone and just used the Connect option, and it does the same thing? One thing I do notice about this one is that the time is 1 hour behined.

HELP! :?
Please go to the diag screen and see the attribute of the channel, (legit box) if the channel is ENC you can not watch it unless proper SPI command is sent to XC chip.

The time difference can be fixed by using the time tool under DCTTesting, I think the GMT is right but the daylight saving enter/exit time is not for this year thus you have one hour difference.

You only flip the firmware when you need to, go to diag screen and see if 07.93 firmware is used. If you imporperly flipped you might only have 05.88 or the like.

If you can not wacth the channels you want (but you have free digital) and you do not want to use SPI to testing, the best use of the box is for VOD testing.
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

ENC?
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

I see the chanel status on the Legit box is AUTH

But the others have INIT status

And yes they are all running 7.93 firmware says its enabled.

Also I had already fixed the time problem. Thanks
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

Yes I see some channels are ENC on legit box.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

did you copy the nvram directly from the cr4 to the non-ph boards? sound like 2 different configurations. try copying the code and then before copying the good nvram to the other boxes change value "23CEF5" to any other value. then write it to the box. this will force the box to boot from the dip flash.

should get you some channels.
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

Thanks Patsfan, im able to get some channels now. But I sure would like to get HBO, the box did have some premium channels before. Any other tricks to get get it fully working?
TecHunter

Post by TecHunter »

Oh yea USBBDM, these boxes dont have serial port on the back. So I guess they are useless. Cant even get ESPN :(
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

you don't need the serial port for testing VOD. did you try saving the nvram from the box after you got it working and doing a "connect the box"? the write it back. you might get lucky and pick up some of the channels again. if not then the XC chip in the box was probably de-authed by the CC.
moddman

Re:Non-PH and CR4

Post by moddman »

I am having the same problem with my non-ph copying from cr4. I even tried copying the dipcode and still only get guide and menu but no picture and no audio, just black background. I have also tried the 23cef5 method twice and still no good. I know the nonph boxes are hard to work with but still want to get it working. This box is not local and when I received it, it had only analog channels but channel map from another state, I think it was from California if my memory serves me right. This was first box I had started working with and unfornuately I never made backups. If someone has a "DCT 2000 main board" and has made backups, please help me out if I can swap files with you in order to get my box working. Thanks.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

init is a XC with no finnish command it need reset by company.....basicaly sub and desub,,,,

digital 00= disconnect flag in XC
init= requires refres
enc12= valid keys you can watch.
enc10-15= ppvs
config= wrong keys.
many ofther i cant rember now.
chart3rguy

Post by chart3rguy »

whenever i have that problem i change the emm id to 00 00 at the second to last line at the end of the nvram. it hunts all my channel frequencies, but it won't load premiums unless they are authorized in the xc chip. then i change it to 03 01 to activate VOD. diagnostic screen 10 shows the vod app code module download within 5 minutes and then becomes enabled. then i change my UPM and UID so i don't clash with any boxes off of my node and then i verify in diagnostic screen 12 for an ip address.

i would start by letting the channel frequencies update though. see if that helps.
moddman

Re:Cr4 to Non-PH

Post by moddman »

I have to report success on my non-ph from Cr4 files. I first zeroed the nvram to force a zero box.I then tried the changing one value from 23cef5 from 30 to 35. Then I also went ahead and changed emmid to 00 03 01 and setram nvram. I then commanded a reset, unplugged box disconnected usb,bdm, and then powered box on again. To my surprise the box after being inactive for over two years now works with my locals analog channels thru 100. I checked to see if Vod app was downloading but not yet. How long does that take its been 30 minutes so far?