freefreddy

Correct way to backup nonph?

Post by freefreddy »

I found a nonph box awhile back and backed up what I thought I needed to:

getram code
getram nvram
save code
save nvram

But then as soon as I plugged cable into it I lost the TV_guide. I've tried reprogramming the firmware, nvram, and dip code but the TV_guide never comes back. To program the code I usually do:

program 406000 aa000

Which is the only thing that actually makes the box somewhat functional. I now have another nonph box and want to make sure I back it up correctly and save the tv_guide program if possible. Can anyone offer some pointers? Do I need to save the dip code also? I don't want to plug this box in until I know what I'm doing :)

Thanks for any help!
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

I'm not certain about the dip, but I believe it is only used in non ph boxes which I haven't come across. For a PH box, these are the commands you can do to ensure success with a backup that you've already created:

ldram nvram
(change any necessary settings like connect the box, etc..)
(change emmid at location 9801b461 in nvram within usbjtag nt program from 01 01 to 03 01)
ssetram nvram
scmpram nvram (ensure that it says OK)

ldram code
(change any necessary settings like UID, block application upgrades, etc..)
sprogram code
scmpram code (ensure that it says OK)
junctionbox

try

Post by junctionbox »

try flipping firmware
junctionbox
freefreddy

Post by freefreddy »

Thanks for the help. I think it's possible that i have a good backup of the firmware however I can't write the complete firmware back to the device. If do this:

-ldram code
-ldram nvram
-flshdct code
Found Address= 00400000 STMicro M29W800AB
-program code
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:28 (.515)
Program Starts...

My cpu is detected however I think the memory size is incorrect. The erase completes however the programming locks up about half way through. I can specifically do this:

-ldram code
-ldram nvram
-flshdct code
Found Address= 00400000 STMicro M29W800AB
-program 406000 aa000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:09 (.406)
Program Starts...
Program speed 77.91 KB/s
Program time 00:00:08 (.359)
Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target

This completes and my box is able to boot and receive channels however the tv_guide does not appear on the diagnostics screen. This is a bummer since I know the tv_guide app is saved.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You have only programmed the plat. (406000 aa000). The apps are the one that holds TV-guide.
To be able to clone the tv-guide, you need to clone NVRAM and code and apps from same model of box. Even that, the CC might upgrade your box one more time.
junctionbox

For non ph

Post by junctionbox »

Theres old firmware and nvram availible for these types of boxes you must use this type first allow to download on your system then allow current nvram to download you should have tv guide
junctionbox
junctionbox

Put non ph in zero state

Post by junctionbox »

Try putting your non ph in zero state first then use firmware and nvram that this site provides you to read commands, ive done this many times and iT works for me great.you learn the techniq for non ph it soon becomes easy to clone
junctionbox
freefreddy

Post by freefreddy »

I've tried doing the 'power - select' power cycle method to enter '0' state in the past with little luck. I will try it again though and see if my luck changes.

I have a clean nonph box with tv_guide app intact. How do i copy the application section of this nonph box to another nonph box? The plat code seems to work fine but I'm lost when it comes to the application code. I've tried program 4c0000 90000 to write the application code back to the box but this doesn't seem to work on nonph and just locks up on the write.

I realize that maybe my cc will try to upgrade the tv_guide and none of this will probably matter but it would be nice to know why I can't make this nonph stuff work. Thanks for the help up to this point!
freefreddy

Post by freefreddy »

If tv_guide is in the application which is in nvram then I'm going in the wrong direction.