DCT-1700 confused on what to do.

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
crudeau

DCT-1700 confused on what to do.

Post by crudeau »

I've been reading a few posts and I'm still confused on what to do.

My friend had given me his DCT-1700 quite some time ago. It worked for about a month and now all I get is audio and a black screen. So it was obviously de-subscribed.

My mother-in-law lives in the same house and just got a dct-1700 with our cable company.

So I think since she has one, and I have one, can't I just clone the mac address and be set to go?

I can't figure where or what I have to do. The box doesn't have a console port, and in the diag menu on my box, i don't see any way to program the mac address.

Any help or point me to the right spot would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
tester5

Post by tester5 »

i did make one of those boxes work but are extreme picky. thy use 2 fash/ maibe are more bord types mine has a 10pin bdm.inside
crudeau

Post by crudeau »

so what do I need to get? Some new flash chips?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

i believe they are based on the 2000 series of boxes. there really isn't any info on them here. motorola boxes don't have mac address (they have unit adress's) and you can't just change one to make it work. try a search on xc chip to learn more.
crudeau

Post by crudeau »

so the xc chip is what the CC uses to tell if the box is legit? But I can get something to mask the xc chip with a different UIC. I think that is what I'm reading. So now I just need to figure out that part.
crudeau

Post by crudeau »

to further mix things up. I was in correct. The two boxes I have are DCT-1800's not 1700's.

Probably doesn't make a difference. i do know that both of them do not have any form of a console port or serial connection on the back.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

As far as I know, DCT1800 is DCT2000 with less fornt keys. You must have a remote control to make it work. I think this cost effective since most people never use front panel keys. To access the box you need BDM. I will move this thread to BDM section.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

u can try to set ram nvram from a 20000 model.//// only thing is diferent is the flash area. but let the box update from cc try to work from nvram nvram is the most important it does wonders...anyway the program is good to fake uid....but rest is in nvram....i helped coulple guys with vod and they are haveing progress....good luck.
crudeau

Post by crudeau »

so how do I get this BDM?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

go to http://www.usbjtag.com and click shopping on the left.
ufo

Post by ufo »

usbbdm wrote:As far as I know, DCT1800 is DCT2000 with less fornt keys. You must have a remote control to make it work. I think this cost effective since most people never use front panel keys. To access the box you need BDM. I will move this thread to BDM section.
I just got a DCT 1700 PH1. It is in fact a DCT 2000. I have successfully programed it as if it were a DCT 2000 PH8. All channels were there including premiums. Lucky me. Thanks again usbbdm
danielito2000

JAYTAG PORT LOCATION for dct1800

Post by danielito2000 »

Hi , can you tell where is the jaytag conection on this dct 1700 ph1 board location
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I do not have the board but if you can post a picture maybe I can find it for you.
danielito2000

picute of the board

Post by danielito2000 »

follow the pictures from the board,thanks

1 last question , to change the mac for the sb5120 ,anny mac the i change will work ?
i saw some certification files on the video with the ujmodem .

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

First you need BDM not JTAG.
The 10 pin on the first pic is BDM connector.