need help with ph9 board

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
lexxion1

need help with ph9 board

Post by lexxion1 »

i have been trying to restore a ph9 board for a day or two now with no luck, the unit powers on and keep recylining over and over, it did this before i even touched it. i had two units one a ph6 and one ph9 both were doing the same thing, i got the ph6 board to work by changing the nv and code, it works fine, but the ph9 board ive tried several nvrams and code for this model and it does the same thing, Now i tried using a ph8 and 7 nv and code and it stops.it actually loads all the mods and it will update from 8.09 to 8.16 but no pic or sound?

also , another question, since they upgraded here about a month ago from 8.09 to 8.16 on 2200 and 3.38 to 3.46 on 700 i have not been able to update my 2200s , i have to put 8.09 in and let the system update for me, however the unit id goes back to the orig one, is there something i can do to load the 8.16? yet the 3.46 on 700s goes in no problem

any suggestions?
Killswitch

Ancient Converters

Post by Killswitch »

Hi! It's John and I remember yourself posting a Reply to a request for a little bit of support about 6 wks. ago in regards to finding a suitable NVRam for a 2224/1362/ABCDE that's non-ph Older board for NE Phila. I remember that ya said that y'all were local and that you had the goods. I've noticed over time that there are very few locals that get on and post and communicate from the immediate Tri-State area. I'm hoping to stay in touch( sounds almost gay) and I hang out on the Chat for shits/giggles just to laugh at how many needy folks hit the Chat with a crying towel in hand looking for answers to difficult questions. I try not to cry but I've got a soggy towel right here that needs to be wrung out. In case you're bored, you can try corresponding at [email protected] and,like I said, my name's John. If there's anything I can do to serve the common Testing purpose, please let me know. You might try explaining my latest curiosity - I recently found out that Older boards are typed 1 and 2. What the fuck is the difference? Will I need to flip the FW? I hate to ask the humble Admin - the man is so busy with his Rocket Science that I feel like a Bobo to ask him anything simple. Maybe you can help. Get bck to me at your convenience. Thnx and,by all means, have a goodday!
cherrymachine

nvram

Post by cherrymachine »

You cant mix the nvram's on ph 7 8 and 9. The units have different tuners in them and the info to run the tuners are in the nvram. You can use part of the nvram like for channels, but not the whole thing.
lexxion1

have u ever seen the recycle >

Post by lexxion1 »

i just tried to get something to stop the recycle, allthough i have used 8 and 9 b4 and it worked 7 is a reach ,maybe i got lucky on the 8/9 , but is there a way to use just part of the nv and still keep the tuner a 9?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lexxion1 wrote:i just tried to get something to stop the recycle, allthough i have used 8 and 9 b4 and it worked 7 is a reach ,maybe i got lucky on the 8/9 , but is there a way to use just part of the nv and still keep the tuner a 9?
If you got it to stop reseting then write back the Original NVRAM it Had and see if that restores Picture.

I have had Some of these Units do thet and By simple disconnecting the front Power supply cable ( its devided in two ) The box will stop reseting itself without changing anything on the Firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cherrymachine

tuner

Post by cherrymachine »

save your current updated nvram, ldram your original nvram file,setram,ldram your updated nvram, then do setram 200000 c000, that will update your orig nvram with the new channel map and keep your info for the tuner, this will work for the ph 7 8 9.