Non PH Board problem.

Box hardware. Watchdog. Models.
Zbigg

Non PH Board problem.

Post by Zbigg »

I am having a rough time.I have an non ph board.with firmware 5.50.I can't seem to load the conected firmware on this board.
Right now I am at a point that I can get the guide and firmware updated,but no(video)one moment please message,or I have to go with old firmware and no guide (with video).
I would like to get video and guide at same time.
The nvram I am using works fine on my other board.
Any Ideas?Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
simplyvespa

One moment please message display

Post by simplyvespa »

I have an non-ph Old board type 1 with firmware 8.16, I can get guide with all channels and "one moment please" message displayed. I need help to get Video and Sounds. Any helps are greatly appreciated.
joe9877000

Post by joe9877000 »

Zbigg wrote:I am having a rough time.I have an non ph board.with firmware 5.50.I can't seem to load the conected firmware on this board.
Right now I am at a point that I can get the guide and firmware updated,but no(video)one moment please message,or I have to go with old firmware and no guide (with video).
I would like to get video and guide at same time.
The nvram I am using works fine on my other board.
Any Ideas?Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
How did you get the guide and firmware updated? Also, change your eemid on your nvram from 01 01 to 03 01 before you load it to your box. That might help you to keep your guide.
Thanks
simplyvespa

Non Ph board Type ?

Post by simplyvespa »

I have a DCT 2244/1161 Non Ph old board. So I tried to find out which type it is? It had old firmware 5.34 and it is detected as Type 2. I hooked it up and it is updated to firmware 8.16 and now it is detected as Type 1. Any ideas?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

simplyvespa wrote:I have a DCT 2244/1161 Non Ph old board. So I tried to find out which type it is? It had old firmware 5.34 and it is detected as Type 2. I hooked it up and it is updated to firmware 8.16 and now it is detected as Type 1. Any ideas?
Check the memory of segment of 0x400000 if it is the start of firmware then it is type I. That is all you need to know if you need to swap the firmware or not.
simplyvespa

Post by simplyvespa »

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, it's started at memory segment x400000, it is type 1. I have a good Ph8 Code and Nvram locally from a friend. Can I just copy Nvram to the Type1 old board to get pictures and sounds? Please direct me. Thanks.
cherrymachine

non ph

Post by cherrymachine »

No. Different tuner. software for tuner is in nvram. need same nvram from box with same tuner.