VOD error messages

PPV issues.
drknebula

VOD error message - SRM-8001

Post by drknebula »

Lately, I have noticed boxes I've changed the UID on are giving an error message (SRM-8001) says to call comcrap...The VOD applications takes a long time to load and the error message results when I try to order anything--free movies included. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I cloned the nvram from a legit box and this solved the problem for a while. It came back shortly after and I haven't had time to mess with it since. Perhaps the cable company is getting a bit smarter? Any thoughts/ideas appreciated.

Did some research and found this snippit from some help forum bulletin board:

"...it seems to be related to a authorization database. When you get a 8001 error typically that means your not authorized to see the content..."

RsnItvTuningError (SRM-8001)
The ITV server has successfully set up a VOD session however the client was not able to tune to the stream.
ICM Status: CLIENTERROR-TUNERROR

One or more of the following conditions may cause a tune error:
• Mis-wiring or bad cabling between the SeaChange Media Cluster output and the set top box

• Mis-configuration of the Delivery Network Path (DNP) tables

•QAM misconfiguration to include using a QAM interleave rate of 128/1 instead of 128/4 in a Motorola plant. Old revisions of the Motorola DCT2000 set tops cannot handle an interleave rate of 128/1 on a 256 QAM stream. For all DCT2000 set tops to be able to tune to the VOD stream, the interleave rate must be set to 128/4.

•VOD channels are incorrectly defined in the DAC channel map.

•Incorrect Upstream Path ID is set on the set top box if upstream path ID is being used as the VOD Nodegroup identifier.

•RF levels are out of range

•Another piece of equipment is broadcasting on the same frequency that the set top is trying to tune.

•Another piece of equipment on the same plant is broadcasting its signal so loudly that it is causing interference on the frequency that the set top is trying to tune.
junctionbox

RE

Post by junctionbox »

Thier Having Problems In Your Area Just Be Patient And Wait Paying Customers Are Having Same Problems Sometime It May Take Weeks For Cc To Solve This Problem (just Kick Back Dude). This Is The Story Of Man Name Jed. Joke
junctionbox
UserName

Post by UserName »

nope 8001 billing same as 9002
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

What do you mean 8001 same as 9002? Can you please clarify and elaborate?

Thanks
junctionbox

re

Post by junctionbox »

take my word their having problems in your area and it could take weeks to fix this problem if you think im lying take your unit maybe say 10 miles from your area and hook it up watch your ondemand start back to work that guy is a newbie on this site we have clout
junctionbox
drknebula

Post by drknebula »

Thanks tester5. I though that might have something to do with it. I encounterd this type of problem once before and I pulled the vod app from a subb'd box and put it on my testing box and the problem went away. Looks like it's time to do that again.