How to order PPV

PPV issues.
DVDman

How to order PPV

Post by DVDman »

I finially found a box with the PPV turned on. My question is if I order and clear after I order will I be ok. Do I have to reload saved Nvram after each order? I don't want the box to turn itself off because I ordered two many PPV's.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

you don't have to clear after every order. actually after a few clearing it can cause the xc chip to stop allowing ppv's to be purchased. one of my boxes did that. i would say you are safe to order at least 10 at a time anyways. I'm pretty sure it goes by dollar amount and not numer of purchases. Usbbdm knows more about this.
twistedps

Post by twistedps »

what happens when you cant order them any more? does it tell you to call a number to order it? I have one box that does that, which is strange cause i know you can order ppv straight from the box.

... then again i only have one box atm, and that only gets basic channels, not even analog :P
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The reason the box stop ordering is not because the clearing!!

XC chip has two values to control the PPV.
One is the total number of order allowed.
The other is the total $ allowed.

If either of them is hit, (regardless you clear or not) the PPV will be stopped. The only way is to increase the credit and total number of ordering.

These setting comes with the auth command in SPI.

There could be serveral ways to increase the PPV number.
1. Call and subscribe a new channel and then cancel.
2. Call ask for an service say something wrong with the box and they will scan it.
3. Call say you can not order.

You might be charged for the last order, not sure how they do that but hope new DCTTest.dll can fix this.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

that's odd becasue one of my boxes stopped on the ppv after about 5 purchases (i cleared after each one). i know the number of purchases is much higher than that around here and i doubt i hit the $ amount. must have been a fluke.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

patsfan wrote:that's odd becasue one of my boxes stopped on the ppv after about 5 purchases (i cleared after each one). i know the number of purchases is much higher than that around here and i doubt i hit the $ amount. must have been a fluke.
Can you send me your NVRAM?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

i'll see. i actually gave that box to a buddy when the ppv's quit. i'll try and get it back so i can read it.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

patsfan, when you clare the PPV, which method you use? If you use the firmware I gave you, there might be a mark of "NVRAM initialized" and there might be a limit for that. If you use the latese dcttest.dll to clear, I believe only limit is in the XC chip.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

yeah i used the firmware that you gave me. i'll try and get a hold of that box this weekend
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

patsfan wrote:yeah i used the firmware that you gave me. i'll try and get a hold of that box this weekend
Try to restore your old nvram and see if you can still order. The new dcttest.dll will print information of your credit and total number of orders. See if it close to the limit.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

Post by FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY »

the last post has been a while ,is there a way to reset ppv now?(subbed)
what if the dct isnt subbed?can you reset ppv.thanks
acidbaby

Post by acidbaby »

wondering the same thing
is vod and ppv same thin pretty much
tester5

Post by tester5 »

VOD is better u order unlimited
acidbaby

Post by acidbaby »

with vod its not stored on chip or nvram??
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

acidbaby wrote:let me get this stright

so with ppv you can reset it from nvram but after doing this a few times it wont work also
ppv purchaces on the chip cant be wiped out and when limit is hit it will stop??

with vod its not stored on chip or nvram??

what about changing the units id # what will that help with??
VOD does not store anything inyour NVRAM or XC chip, it needs uplink on and you have to have two way comminucation with your CC.
PPV credit and limit is set in XC chip and can be changed by CC if you are willing to pay for the last order.