upm and uid changer with your remote control

PPV issues.
junctionbox

Tundra

Post by junctionbox »

Tundra since 2007 since the creation of the upm under my suggestion testing with ondemand has always worked with my suggestion activating the remote feature has worked up to this point my guess is cc has found away to authenticate the ip address and it lies in the last 2 sections of the ip address .its kicking me off each time i order a movie with no trace of the movie just ordered under the saved movies section it has to be some type of authentication that was activated at first you could randomly make up uid for almost 4 years and testing with ondemand always worked so cc solution to combat this by coming out with authentication like the mc address authentication process like they have on the modems .im your teammate and ill never talk against any idea you suggest even if it does or doesnt work. You comment on everything someone has suggested what right you have to comment on everything someone has to say on this site,oh i know you want to see your comments section sky rocket ,ill appreciate when it comes to me dealing with ondemand if you not standing with me for support to keep your comments and negativity to your self bud.
junctionbox
junctionbox

Active uid

Post by junctionbox »

Say bud (tundra) never had to use a active uid random ones always worked up until this point now for the 3 rd time im coming up with a solution to solve ondemand tundra that i feel would work you willing to join me in experimenting or its not your cup of tea.
junctionbox
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

being able to change the ip may very well be a good idea. but wouldn't it pretty much be the same as trying different uid's? not every ip would probably work just like not every uid would work. you would basically just have to keep changing the numbers until you stumble across a valid one wouldn't you? please correct me if i'm wrong about this....one thing that maybe a bit easier with changing the ip is that if you are correct junction then we would only have to change 5 numbers constantly to try to get a valid number instead of 10 like the uid....it is def worth to look into if that is the case. i don't suppose there is a way to change this using the interface instead of a remote feature to find out if it works or not before implementating it into the remote feature is there?

justsomeguy
live your life like a beer commericial
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

junctionbox wrote:Say bud (tundra) never had to use a active uid random ones always worked up until this point now for the 3 rd time im coming up with a solution to solve ondemand tundra that i feel would work you willing to join me in experimenting or its not your cup of tea.
maybe that's where your problem is lying then. maybe the cc changed it's security so that valid uid's are required. have you tried to put in a valid uid and see if it stays up at all? because if you find a valip ip to put in there then the matching uid would also be valid and vice versa..so maybe try a valid uid instead of worriing about the ip for now and see if that works for ya...if not then maybe USBBDM will help ya out in figureing how to change the ip....

just an option i'm throwin out there......

cheers.

justsomeguy
junctionbox

My understanding friend

Post by junctionbox »

Justsomeguy your understanding the concept you hit it right on the button you see my theory is cc has boundries in every area how many ip should be active now suppose your active ip is (10.187.33.1) now all we have to do is fake (10.187.32.9)that should be active if they are arranged in that order.the current status by changing the uid the ip address change every time you fake uid this way you go beyond the boundries the numbers get higher and higher on the ip address thats why my guess is they came out with some type of authentication to authenticate the ip address.about the remote feature there should be made room to add this to the remote feature that none since erase ppv should be dismantled and the changing of the upstream and dowmstream as well those suggestions doesnt work at all and doesnt benefit anyone on this site .i really feel in my deep gut my friend this concept will work for all of us on this site.im pretty sure the boss will take a second look at this great idea and add this to the remote feature.some of us on this site benefit from others ideas then down play other great ideas.i consider my mind a great value to this site im pretty sure canada thinks the same.
junctionbox
junctionbox

Valid uids

Post by junctionbox »

This site was started for advance users a valid uid is taking the easy way out my theory is to test retest with the status quo thats faking uids ,upms and ips ill take this head on.the solution to this current state of affairs lie in the ip my friend.
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

junctionbox wrote:This site was started for advance users a valid uid is taking the easy way out my theory is to test retest with the status quo thats faking uids ,upms and ips ill take this head on.the solution to this current state of affairs lie in the ip my friend.
I will suggest you do the following and prove your theory is right.

Hookup the JTAG NT while you are watching the movie. Since the IP addreess are only in the NVRAM, there is nothing to program thus it is very easy (about 1 second to change the IP address).

Just read back the NVRAM once and then when you want to change it use setram and you might (or might not need to reboot).

Until you prove your theory work we can consider add this feature.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

junctionbox wrote:Say bud (tundra) never had to use a active uid random ones always worked up until this point now for the 3 rd time im coming up with a solution to solve ondemand tundra that i feel would work you willing to join me in experimenting or its not your cup of tea.
I was sujesting that to see if your Order and video does not Drop,,,,,,,
Fake UID Does still work Just Fine Also and I have tested this with other members here and they have not had any problems of video and Order droping out after a few Min. as your Having. Maybe you need to work on the Fake UID NUmbers you Pick as can make the difference.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

I was sujesting that to see if your Order and video does not Drop,,,,,,,
Fake UID Does still work Just Fine Also and I have tested this with other members here and they have not had any problems of video and Order droping out after a few Min. as your Having. Maybe you need to work on the Fake UID NUmbers you Pick as can make the difference.
BTW Just becouse you change a few Numbers and CAll It Random Does Not mean its Not an Active UID. May Be Fake to You, However it may happen To be an Active UID. ;)

And Sure Thing Buddy. If this Will Have a Positive Impact on Testing I Will Join Your Efforts. There was No Need to get Bent out of Shape AS I never said that this was a waist of time For A Fact, As A Matter of Fack It Said It May be WORTH TESTING. Let see what happens.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
junctionbox

usbdm

Post by junctionbox »

Sir ive tried this test with the dct 2500 the picture froze had to reboot unit after unit rebooted i went to dia 12 ip remain the same as it was now i will run same test with dct2200 will let you know the results in about 30 minutes
junctionbox
junctionbox

Commands

Post by junctionbox »

For the dct2500 the commands i used were detect getram nvram setram nvram the picture froze after that sir
junctionbox
junctionbox

Usbdm

Post by junctionbox »

I tried this what you suggested on the dct2200 i ordered the movie i hooked up my usbdm to the dct2200 i only got as far as reset 1 then the unit rebooted after typing in reset 1 .after unit rebooted i went into dia 12 the ip remained the same anymore suggestions boss
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

junctionbox wrote:For the dct2500 the commands i used were detect getram nvram setram nvram the picture froze after that sir
After set ram you need to reboot and new IP should be there.
junctionbox

i will try again

Post by junctionbox »

i will do this again
junctionbox
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

i think what is needed here is to be able to actually change the ip to a number that the user wants. is there a place that this can be done in the nvram? to actually change the code or whatever needs to be changed in order to make random ip's like we do with uid's ..that way different ip's can be loaded into the box and if necessary change as necessary. it doesn't appear that this way that is currently being tested allows you to manually change the ip does it?

also just doing a setram and such as described above wont randomly change the ip will it? would think it would just load whatever uid is in there and as stated before will give the box the ip that the uid generates.....please correct me if i'm wrong