upm and uid changer with your remote control

PPV issues.
junctionbox

To usbdm

Post by junctionbox »

Sir the dct2500 im using this suggestion youre implying is not working now when i type in detect while watching ondemand the picture instantly freezes next ill type in getram nvram then setram nvram then ill reboot or unplug and replug the power from the box because the remote feature will not allow you to turn the box off.now after rebooting the box and allowing the ip reload the same ip appears as before so am i doing something wrong boss
junctionbox
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

junctionbox wrote:Sir the dct2500 im using this suggestion youre implying is not working now when i type in detect while watching ondemand the picture instantly freezes next ill type in getram nvram then setram nvram then ill reboot or unplug and replug the power from the box because the remote feature will not allow you to turn the box off.now after rebooting the box and allowing the ip reload the same ip appears as before so am i doing something wrong boss
Why you need detect? Just change the NVRAM and reboot. No detect after that.
junctionbox

ldram nvram

Post by junctionbox »

Are you implying ldram nvram then setram nvram dont use detect at all then reboot the unit
junctionbox
junctionbox

You missing the whole idea

Post by junctionbox »

Adding a new nvram only does the same thing of coarse the ip changes and ondemand still shuts off.sir just listen the ip address is made up of 4 characters the first character is 10 in my area the second character is 180 this never changes where i live now the 3rd and 4th character always change each time i fake uid (10.180.100.100) both 100s are what im talking about sir each time i fake the uid these 2 characters go up in numbers. What im saying is there may be a limit how far these to characters should go example lets say cc ips may operate lets say (10.180.33 .35) not (10.180.40.45) anything above 33 and 35 may cause ondemand to shut off thats the reason im asking you to create this remote feature only to change the last 2 characters.i have a real strong feeling this will work.the test you had me to perform didnt work and yes the ip changed the 2 characters i was explaining to you only went higher in numbers which caused ondemand to shut off.
junctionbox
junctionbox

More to say to usbdm

Post by junctionbox »

Why we should get active uids when we can get active ips and find out what range cc ips are operating on they have a limit on their ips anything above a certain number will cause ondemand to shut off after watching it for only six minutes cc has found away to authenticate uids and ips thats my belief .
junctionbox
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

junctionbox wrote:Why we should get active uids when we can get active ips and find out what range cc ips are operating on they have a limit on their ips anything above a certain number will cause ondemand to shut off after watching it for only six minutes cc has found away to authenticate uids and ips thats my belief .
I differe in that Opinion. An Active UID is in there Database there fore It will be recognized and Allowed to Order VOD, WHere as a Fake UID is not in there database so your Lucky you even get as far as Placing the Order. If you play with the UID Numbers Working off a Valid UID and going up or down from the original number, You may get the VOD's , While to you It May Be a Fake UID You may just have Got a Valid UID from someone else ( it very Posible ) Now if they figured a Way to Know that the Order is Comeing From a NODE that Not where that Legit Box is Registered to and they Shut off the Order, That sounds More Likely to be the Problem. All this of Corse, Is Just Speculations as to what may be the Problem. I think your Focus on the IP does Not let you Consider Other Posibilitys.

You say for example that the IP goes Up ( Number Wise ) Everytime you change it, Now when you changed the UID did you go up on the Numbers? What happens if you Go Down on the Numbers? Will the IP go Down on the Numbers as Well? Have you Even Tested that Posibility?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
wickedcid

ip

Post by wickedcid »

I am no genius and have been reading along and would like to toss 1 cent in not 2 haha, if uid generates ip then i recommend changing 1 digit up then down and then look at the ip and see how it affected it,then try changing maybe 2 digits etc.By doing this in theory you should be able to then set the ip to the range you are looking for by knowing what digit of the uid affects the ip. A little bit of work but should produce results also as usbbdm said read the ip after the video goes down and see if t changed or was just blacklisted as invalid.

Cid
junctionbox

To tundra

Post by junctionbox »

You may be right maybe the days of faking the uid to receive ondemand may be over in my part of the country using random numbers for almost four years to test with ondemand.i will still go to bed a night and wake up with another idea concerning this issue its hard to be defeated ive been testing with cable for the last 32 years before it was converter boxes when the trap system was in existence days when it was only 4 premiums and 64 channels.i was always there when new systems came on the scene to test with. To tundra my apology to you for flying off the handle with you i just didnt want this to defeat me thats all friend im and old fart please understand my friend you didnt mean know harm and thanks im just stubborn .
junctionbox
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wickedcid wrote:I am no genius and have been reading along and would like to toss 1 cent in not 2 haha, if uid generates ip then i recommend changing 1 digit up then down and then look at the ip and see how it affected it,then try changing maybe 2 digits etc.By doing this in theory you should be able to then set the ip to the range you are looking for by knowing what digit of the uid affects the ip. A little bit of work but should produce results also as usbbdm said read the ip after the video goes down and see if t changed or was just blacklisted as invalid.

Cid
My Point Exactly. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

junctionbox wrote:You may be right maybe the days of faking the uid to receive ondemand may be over in my part of the country using random numbers for almost four years to test with ondemand.i will still go to bed a night and wake up with another idea concerning this issue its hard to be defeated ive been testing with cable for the last 32 years before it was converter boxes when the trap system was in existence days when it was only 4 premiums and 64 channels.i was always there when new systems came on the scene to test with. To tundra my apology to you for flying off the handle with you i just didnt want this to defeat me thats all friend im and old fart please understand my friend you didnt mean know harm and thanks im just stubborn .
No Problem Buddy. I Understand Totally, I am Pretty Much the Same way. I just have to get to the Bottom of things and I know its totaly Fustrating to me when its not posible.

I do hope that thru Testing you Find a Solution to the Problem so we can All learn from it. Maybe Its not the same here , However it may be something to hit us in the near future, Just like with the New Security Implemented by CC tocombat TOS with Modems.
egotipp

Dropping vod every 7mins luckey 7

Post by egotipp »

Im also experiencing the vod drops after about 7mins give or take
tried valid upm didn't work but i will try bdm nvram while vod is on and see if this can offer some solution other than that

bdm why is my vod dropping after 7mins then i reorder fast forward to the part it dropped and continue my play 7mins dropp again,and again we are on firmware 8.17 what junctionbox was saying makes alot of since to me. I guess the easy solution would be to get a valid uid/upm then that wouldn't be testing anymore.more like counterfiting stealing someones number,now your makeing legal subscribers mad and not the cc.see my point?
egotipp

follow up to

Post by egotipp »

I can confirm that getram nvram during a VOD movie doensn't work for me it actually resets the box and a setram nvram doensn't change the ip or uid and thats without reset 1 or unit.Untill you experience the constant VoD shut down you can't understand that this is unexceptable and very anoying basically you have no movie's ondemand but the free programs seem to work fine.But unfortunatly the majority rules and Me and Junctionbox are the minority.Im sure in time everyone will experience the 6/7minute shutdown and then mayb a solution will come about.BTW i to think the last 2 digits in the ip would be promising to explore.\\BDM IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED AND THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR GOOD WORK.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

NVRAM should consider part of the RAM. while getram should be OK but not "setram".
You are changing the content of the NVRAM while the programming is running. Some data should be used by the NVRAM. To prevent from the crash you can use this command
"program" to enter trap mode. The CPU is stopped and now you can setram. Of course the DCT700 will not take what you put in until power cycle the box.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

egotipp wrote:Im also experiencing the vod drops after about 7mins give or take
tried valid upm didn't work but i will try bdm nvram while vod is on and see if this can offer some solution other than that

bdm why is my vod dropping after 7mins then i reorder fast forward to the part it dropped and continue my play 7mins dropp again,and again we are on firmware 8.17 what junctionbox was saying makes alot of since to me. I guess the easy solution would be to get a valid uid/upm then that wouldn't be testing anymore.more like counterfiting stealing someones number,now your makeing legal subscribers mad and not the cc.see my point?
Changing the UPM on a Box Make No difference at ALL. The UID is the One you may want to try with a Valid UID.

However If I where in your Situation I would experiment Programing box with Older Firmware to see if Problems STOPS. If So then we will at least Know that it has somthing to do with the New Firmware. ;) I will Cross that Bridge Once I reach it. :D
junctionbox

Serious programmers

Post by junctionbox »

This site was develope for serious programmers fake uid means exactly that random uids not stealing someones uid to receive ondemand my argument is confirmed the problem lies in the last to sections of the (ip)we need a program attached to the remote feature to change the last 2 sections of the (ip) address and we need to stop this stealing of active uids to receive ondemand thats not considered faking thats stealing.you have some on this site rather take the easy way instead of using their minds and try to figure things out .im a serious tester dont believe in taking the easy way to solve things like others do .some got the word fake and real mixed up the word fake means random not real .
junctionbox