UID question with VOD

PPV issues.
wickedcid

ahhhhh

Post by wickedcid »

Gotcha Thanks for the quick response as i want to understand how it all works before tinkering to much.....

Cid
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wickedcid wrote:Gotcha Thanks for the quick response as i want to understand how it all works before tinkering to much.....

Cid
SO Whatever you do Don't use Your Valid UID. ;)

Just as a TEST I Used the UPM & UID of a DCT2500 from a Different Cable Comp on a Test Box. Result was I was able to Order PPV but got No VOD's. Which Makes Send since that UID is Not in My Cable Comps Database. Being that the UID is from a Different Cable Comp I Know that person won't get a Bill either.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
wickedcid

Gotcha

Post by wickedcid »

Ha ha i got that lol and Thank you i just got the holidays over so rolling up the sleeves and getting at it only problem is i have no cable signal out here in the country :( so i have to travel to my friends place to test but bored and want to mess around for the fun of it all. so you may see more crazy posts from me the next two months haha

Cid
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

TUNDRA wrote:Well My friend for you I can Explaing in Spanish. :D
era tan facil decir lo de una ponlo en la otra y viceversa
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
wickedcid

Post by wickedcid »

TUNDRA wrote:SO Whatever you do Don't use Your Valid UID. ;)

Just as a TEST I Used the UPM & UID of a DCT2500 from a Different Cable Comp on a Test Box. Result was I was able to Order PPV but got No VOD's. Which Makes Send since that UID is Not in My Cable Comps Database. Being that the UID is from a Different Cable Comp I Know that person won't get a Bill either.
So it looks like the uid controls the ppv and the upm controls the vod and potentially you could use the same uid from another cable company on the same node and it potentially may work also and mainly n one gets billed so that is a bonus as it does not set of any red flags.....
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

TUNDRA wrote:SO Whatever you do Don't use Your Valid UID. ;)

Hey Tundra I am curious if you use a valid uid and upm will your ppv memory fill up so you can't order anymore?

I'm guessing you still have to clear ppv? actually maybe not because it is sending the info as a subbed box.
wickedcid

ppv

Post by wickedcid »

One more question guys my brother orders a movie ppv movie and it comes on but goes black after 2 minutes so it seems to get deauthorized but his buddies box that the ppv works on i told him to try his uid but same results any idea. Thanks in advance....

Cid
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cablecowboy wrote:Hey Tundra I am curious if you use a valid uid and upm will your ppv memory fill up so you can't order anymore?

I'm guessing you still have to clear ppv? actually maybe not because it is sending the info as a subbed box.
No With the New DLL My Box always remains on 0. :D
With the Old DLL it wouls count and one would have to read NVRAM and Clear the Purchases.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

cool thanks tundra. I would rep you if I could!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cablecowboy wrote:cool thanks tundra. I would rep you if I could!
NO Problem Buddy.