Vod

PPV issues.
joe9877000

Vod

Post by joe9877000 »

Hi, I have some issues with my VOD. I keep getting this error:

"communications error. please try again. if problem continues please call this #"

Even after i change the UPM and UID, i still have the issue. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

Thanks for the help
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

you are not using a valid uid or upm
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

joe9877000 wrote:Hi, I have some issues with my VOD. I keep getting this error:

"communications error. please try again. if problem continues please call this #"

Even after i change the UPM and UID, i still have the issue. Does anyone know what is wrong with it?

Thanks for the help
Like Felipeferras Said, You may not be using a Valid UID & UPM. Also You May not be giving the Box enough time to get the IP. As soon as you connect box IT WILL NOT GET VOD OR PPV. Takes Some time to download info and get the IP. One you get IP even if Guide has not fully Downloaded the VOD's will Work, Provided the UID used is Valid.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

This most likely differs between ccs...but in peoples experience does the valid UID have to go with the UPM for the same account to work?

In other words anyone know if you can have a valid UID and a separate valid UPM?
Thanks.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

illusivenick wrote:This most likely differs between ccs...but in peoples experience does the valid UID have to go with the UPM for the same account to work?

In other words anyone know if you can have a valid UID and a separate valid UPM?
Thanks.
The UPM is Not important. I preffer to have both the Valid UID and UPM atached to the Valid UID but Its Not necesary. Just a Valid UID and any UPM will do the Trick as Well.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
elkora

Post by elkora »

it all depends on how the security is setup on the DAC for you area.

same it's happening on my area. in order to have V.O.D not only I need a legal UID but UPM and UPSTREAM. if one of this is change for another valid number it will fail and not retrieve a IP. it's like they are married.

the good think is VOD is always ON not necessary to change UID each day. :)

the problem is only for new movies after buying a movie it will star showing and after couple minutes pop up an error and wipe out the order from the history.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

elkora wrote:it all depends on how the security is setup on the DAC for you area.

same it's happening on my area. in order to have V.O.D not only I need a legal UID but UPM and UPSTREAM. if one of this is change for another valid number it will fail and not retrieve a IP. it's like they are married.

the problem is only for new movies after buying a movie it will star showing and after couple minutes pop up an error and wipe out the order from the history.
Can you still continue to watch the Movie after? So far I never seen that problem. However if the UID is Not valid Here the VOD's won't come in.
elkora

Post by elkora »

nop after message pop up it will kick me out.

then I go back and re-order the same movie and same problem.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

elkora wrote:nop after message pop up it will kick me out.

WOW. That sux.
joe9877000

Post by joe9877000 »

TUNDRA wrote:Like Felipeferras Said, You may not be using a Valid UID & UPM. Also You May not be giving the Box enough time to get the IP. As soon as you connect box IT WILL NOT GET VOD OR PPV. Takes Some time to download info and get the IP. One you get IP even if Guide has not fully Downloaded the VOD's will Work, Provided the UID used is Valid.
I give box enough time. I GET IP address and everything is in good shape. But, i just get that error. Can you get IP address with invalid UID???
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

joe9877000 wrote:I give box enough time. I GET IP address and everything is in good shape. But, i just get that error. Can you get IP address with invalid UID???
Some rare Occations Yes. In my area If the UID is Invalid, It may get IP but No VOD's.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

elkora wrote:nop after message pop up it will kick me out.

i get that once in awhile as well. just kicks you right out of VOD and back to the regular program you were watching...but in my case all i have to do is go back into VOD and go into the orders and it's there. so i just click on the order and the movie pops up without any other problems...

justsomeguy
elkora

Post by elkora »

justsomeguy wrote:i get that once in awhile as well. just kicks you right out of VOD and back to the regular program you were watching...but in my case all i have to do is go back into VOD and go into the orders and it's there. so i just click on the order and the movie pops up without any other problems...

justsomeguy
on my case the order is not on the history orders its wipe like never I place the order.
popeye54k

Post by popeye54k »

elkora wrote:it all depends on how the security is setup on the DAC for you area.

I think this is where Joe and I have the same problem (were from the same area). Will definitely test with a valid UID as well as a UPM (not sure how to change upstream yet). As soon as I get my hands on these numbers, I'll post back to see if that works.

Joe, since I know someone inside, I should get my hands on these numbers and pass one your way. I don't want to push the guy so I let him take his time getting this for me;)
illusivenick

Post by illusivenick »

popeye54k wrote:I think this is where Joe and I have the same problem (were from the same area). Will definitely test with a valid UID as well as a UPM (not sure how to change upstream yet). As soon as I get my hands on these numbers, I'll post back to see if that works.

Joe, since I know someone inside, I should get my hands on these numbers and pass one your way. I don't want to push the guy so I let him take his time getting this for me;)
I have the same problem as you guys, except I've already tested valid uid and upm combo but I still get the error "call this number" after placing an order. I'm thinking my area has higher security than most. I'm starting to wonder about the importance of the upstream as well. I will be testing some today please let me if anyone knows how to change upstream. Thanks.