VOD and Premiums

PPV issues.
GTF696

VOD and Premiums

Post by GTF696 »

I finally sat down and started working on VOD from scratch.

It works :) It's surpisingly simple. However I'm confused on a couple things.

My IPPV stopped working... Is this just a coincidence or did I screw something up? Maybe they rolled the IPPV key?

The NVRam and Code I used from my freind is subbed to some premium channels. I tried to use them and got an error msg. The box I have isn't subbed to those channels. I thought VOD and box authorization was seperate. Does the box have to be authorized for the same premuims and the NVRam and Code in order to display those channels properly?

The only thing I can figure is I need to fake the unit address, where does one find the proper unit address to put in there? Is it in the NVRam or Code some where and I just need to dig it out?
universall

Post by universall »

change the middle 10 digits to the unit I.D you can use the usbbdm to do that.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

is that the GI number? Or is it the network address?
cipher

Post by cipher »

It is not a GI number.

Use the DCT Testing menu - Firmware testing 7.93 and the UID is entered there in the following format.

000-1234567890-CCC

You enter only the green portion which is a decimal value that is coverted to hex in ram. The red portion is a checksum. I don't know why it is prefixed by 000.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

So where do I find the right unit address to fake? Is that in the NVRam or Code from the box some where?

If so what line of code should I look at to retreive it? Or do I just need to put some random numbers in there?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I found CC have bulk of boxes from Motorola that have continous unit address.

So if you find a legal box that has box

000-1234567890-yyy

Very likely these are all legal box to your CC.

000-1234567891-zzz
000-1234567892-zzz
000-1234567893-zzz
000-1234567894-zzz

Ignore zzz.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

true the last 4 numbers before the checksum are close to eachother,
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

All good to know.

The question I still have is how do I find the unit address in the first place... I would think that since I used the NVRam and Code from a sub'd box and got VOD to work then really my unit ID would already be faked. But that's not the case as the premiums that box is programmed for are giving me error msgs.

So Now that I know that they usually go in a consecutive order, how do I know which number to start the sequence with?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

start with a uid from your original box or a friend and change the last 4 digits u will find one sooner or later.....i think there has to be a way to spoof the uid from system somehow since the uid is posted on boot up over the spi maibe its posted over the network tooo.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

SO I did a fake UID and tried a few and nothing... I have an IP and no VOD... SO I left it for a while. I came back and analog channels where being blocked on the box. It doesn't make any sence... it only took out the mid-range analog. 3-13 15-30 work 31-50 don't and 51-65 AND 85 do...

Plug the cable into the TV and the channels are there. It all works on my other Digital box...

Is it possible that when I was trying fake unit addresses thaty commands sent to another box over the network trigggered a wierd responce on this one?

I wish I knew how to log this stuff so there where something to actually analize.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

u can picku up linup from the area were that uid is coming from.
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

OH so if I change the UID back It will reprogram to open those channels?
GTF696

Post by GTF696 »

OK, two ebay boxes that where working 100% for over a year just got hit with a "n0t authoized" when trying to view analog channels... channels 23-60 are dead, but work when pluged directly into the TV.

the other box "borrowed" from the system pulls up an IP address but refuses to run VOD now...
tester5

Post by tester5 »

com cast is changing to digitalll......since you never had those channels u wil never get them....analog was diferent now is digital./
afallison

Post by afallison »

im running into the same issue...any way around getting these channels to load and possibly get the vod code working? vod code is not present and i looked at the end of the nvram to change the 01 01 to 03 01, because thats how i got things working before on charter, but the line isnt there in this new nvram from comcast.

also im using an nvram & firmware from a ph6 and applying it to a ph8 - does that make a difference? im still kinda green - i know....

i tried changing the uid back to the original working box, hoping it would "emulate" the working box and download all the necessary codes and activate all the channels, but it didnt work...im lost. comcast has their game together compared to charter..bastards. any ideas?