Fake UID however, VOD still working but.....

PPV issues.
andybl1

Fake UID however, VOD still working but.....

Post by andybl1 »

After inputting fake UID, when I updated DCT 2224, it shows a different UID on the system which is not the one it originally had and also not the one i put in. It is a thrid one which starts with 000.00000.03...1.7.

However, VOD is working fine, I only had HBO which is still intact so are the other paid analog channels.

I get audio on digital channels but no picture and now also unable to turn the unit off, when i try to shut, it comes back on immidiately. Is there a way to get video on digital as well and have it turn off? My channel map is also screwed up. The unit is from the same area, however not the same town.

What is wrong? Any ideas?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

sounds like a corupted nvram.
andybl1

Post by andybl1 »

Is it possible for the box to continue to work with a corrupted nvram?

VOD works just fine even with the screwed up UID. Although the channel mapping is also screwed up, but it updates.

Wondering???
tester5

Post by tester5 »

if vod works then nvram is ok it will update...
junctionbox

apply nvram 3 times vod works fine

Post by junctionbox »

2 weeks ago tw upgraded its firmware from 07.93 to 07.96 all vod stopped working also they deleted one channel from its list so i tried continuously to fake uid to bring vod back up so i took my old nvram the one they deleted one channel from an applied it 3 times then i applied fake uid and by suprise vod is up and running for 1 1/2 weeks with out any interruptions masters of this sight please explain to me why this happen is it a possibility i shocked the xc chip?
tester5

Post by tester5 »

no /////the old nvram might be corrupt and u cant update applications this is the point of vod you must block application upgrade .....
junctionbox

RE:

Post by junctionbox »

but it seems when you check application upgrade it seems not to work at all why is this?