quick question regarding dct2224

Newbie post here.
justsomeguy

quick question regarding dct2224

Post by justsomeguy »

quick question here. I plugged in my dct2224 to see what would come up but it didn't show anything ! my tv showed nothing, once in awhile it would show some static but that's it. almost like there was no input on it. but i could turn the channels on the receiver (although nothing showed on the tv) it didn't show anything abnormal across the display or anything..just nothing on the tv?? i haven't tried to screw with the box yet. just plugged it into the tv and see what would happen....although i do have a nice looking bdm nt i haven't tried to use it yet...still workin on reading up and learning before i do so...although i just try it out shouldn't I !!!!

Justsomeguy
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

justsomeguy wrote:quick question here. I plugged in my dct2224 to see what would come up but it didn't show anything ! my tv showed nothing, once in awhile it would show some static but that's it. almost like there was no input on it. but i could turn the channels on the receiver (although nothing showed on the tv) it didn't show anything abnormal across the display or anything..just nothing on the tv?? i haven't tried to screw with the box yet. just plugged it into the tv and see what would happen....although i do have a nice looking bdm nt i haven't tried to use it yet...still workin on reading up and learning before i do so...although i just try it out shouldn't I !!!!

Justsomeguy
Turn a channel you know it has video. Go to diag screen (power off then press guide) go to "current channel status". See if the box is in "NOT CONNECT" state. If it is then a simple connect for NVRAM will bring the video back. (Non-encrypted channels.)
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

thanks for the quick reply, i will deffintly try this when i get home. because this box was aquired from a friend of mine (in the same city) and hasnt been used in a few years i'm wondering if that was why nothing showed up? they had probably cancelled this sub on it i'm thinking...so should i even bother trying this? or should i just break out that nice bdmnt you sent me and try it out??? man i'm just dyin ta try this nice little unit out BDM ! looks like you put some quality into it !! i have downloaded 2 different things to use this gadget on my box and just have to get the nerve up to actually sit down and not screw the box up !!! lol.... just like to read read read and get to know the product and support before i try anything, but i think i'm just gonna have to give it a try ain't i ?