Post by manny9868 »

dcr2224/1661 ph8, hook bdmnt on , connect box, command reset and all i get is :
-reset 1
-init
-R
what in the world im not doing ?
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to reconnect your box?

If so then connect usbbdm to your box. Connect power to the box and plug usbbdm into your pc. Run USBJTAGNT under Tools menu goto config and select ble box dct2224. It my close and have to be run again after changing config.

Then try these commands:

reset 1
init
getram nvram
save nvram (save this file as a backup in case of problems)
use the connect the box feature under DCT2224 Testing
setram nvram
cmpram nvram

If it reports Data OK then cycle power to your box and connect cable and see what you get.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Good reply.
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

is not dumping .....again im not able to read id or anything is like the darn jtag is not connected, ....i tried flippin the cable , tried reset 1 within few seconds of being plug.... what im not doin>
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

DCT2224 uses USB BDM NT not USB JTAG NT. So please make sure you are using USB BDM NT not JTAG NT. Or it will never work.
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

im sure that i am using bdmnt.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

For CR4, match pin 1. You need to cut C105.
Hope you have read this
http://www.usbjtag.com/dct2000/cr4.php
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

usbdm....is a ph8 board ...like i said b4 , the look at the pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If you need setup logmein and I can take a look.
PH8 pin1 must match with USB BDM NT Pin1 (red). Do not flip the cable, especially when power on either USB or box.
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

usbbdm wrote:If you need setup logmein and I can take a look.
PH8 pin1 must match with USB BDM NT Pin1 (red). Do not flip the cable, especially when power on either USB or box.
pin one is matching with cable and so is the bdm nt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

hey guys, do i sound that ignorant?
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

You are using USBJTAG NT software with the config set for Cable Box and Target DCT2224?

When you run USBJTAG NT at the bottom right corner does it say USB Connected? If not did you install the correct driver for the program? It is in the file download under USBJTAGNT section. You need to choose the correct one 32 bit or 64 bit. If you did maybe try another usb port or cable. Unless the program says USB Connected it won't read.

I can't say for sure on a ph8 board. But if the board is set up like a cr4 or a ph6 then you would have the bdm connected backward on the cable box. On ph6 and cr4 pin 1 is towards the power supply. I can' t see on your picture the label for pin 1 on the board. I assume you can see it though and have it connected correctly.
manny9868

Post by manny9868 »

jatucker wrote:You are using USBJTAG NT software with the config set for Cable Box and Target DCT2224?

When you run USBJTAG NT at the bottom right corner does it say USB Connected? If not did you install the correct driver for the program? It is in the file download under USBJTAGNT section. You need to choose the correct one 32 bit or 64 bit. If you did maybe try another usb port or cable. Unless the program says USB Connected it won't read.

I can't say for sure on a ph8 board. But if the board is set up like a cr4 or a ph6 then you would have the bdm connected backward on the cable box. On ph6 and cr4 pin 1 is towards the power supply. I can' t see on your picture the label for pin 1 on the board. I assume you can see it though and have it connected correctly.
yes iam using dct2224 for config. and pin 1 is correct.
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Did you activate the bdm properly? On the top bar does it say not activated? Try reentering the activation but copy and paste from the email you received instead of typing it in. This happened to me where I typed it in exactly but it didn't work until I copied and pasted the email and activation code. Not sure why but it worked so I didn't care.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I offer remote support and all you need to do is to download logmein and send me invite when I am in the chat.