Activating 2224

Newbie post here.
scrotuman

Activating 2224

Post by scrotuman »

I am trying to ONLY ACTIVATE BOX Not add channels. I have had no good luck on my searching for a straight answer on this question. I have found info on it. When I apply the instructions provided I still get NADA @#$ :(. Only channels 1-30. Is this correct for free channels? Would I not be able to see SCI-FI and History channels once again?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

scrotuman wrote:I am trying to ONLY ACTIVATE BOX Not add channels. I have had no good luck on my searching for a straight answer on this question. I have found info on it. When I apply the instructions provided I still get NADA @#$ :(. Only channels 1-30. Is this correct for free channels? Would I not be able to see SCI-FI and History channels once again?
Is this Box from your area or somthing you bought on the net? Sometimes if box is not from your area all you can see is the basic if your lucky. sometimes you can't even see those either.
scrotuman

Post by scrotuman »

This box is from my area. I have had it sitting in my closet for around 1.5 years maybe a bit less. I would like to activate it so that I can reciver the EXTENDED BASIC. Of wich would include the SCI-FI etc etc. channels. Anything over 1-30. Might there be a step that I am missing?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

scrotuman wrote:This box is from my area. I have had it sitting in my closet for around 1.5 years maybe a bit less. I would like to activate it so that I can reciver the EXTENDED BASIC. Of wich would include the SCI-FI etc etc. channels. Anything over 1-30. Might there be a step that I am missing?
Don't think so. if you have another box same model number and board rev. then you can try saveing a backup of subbed box then writing to the unsubbed box and see what happens.