only sound on some channels

Newbie post here.
justsomeguy

only sound on some channels

Post by justsomeguy »

anyone know why only sound would show up on some channels? mostly they are high def channels...it's a dct2224 box...i'm not complaining here at all..lol..just kinda wondering why only the sound would come in...picture cuts in and out..but not a full picture..just choppy mostly...and it's on most of the high def channels...so i'm wondering if there was a sub to these channels then they should come in right? and if there wasn't a sub then it shouldn't get anything right? lol

thanks guys..
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

The dct2224 does not receive high def channels. Only digital which is not high def. Sounds like you have an incoming signal problem probably due to a damaged line, bad coax connection, bad splitter, too many splitters or a low signal coming from the cable company.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:anyone know why only sound would show up on some channels? mostly they are high def channels...it's a dct2224 box...i'm not complaining here at all..lol..just kinda wondering why only the sound would come in...picture cuts in and out..but not a full picture..just choppy mostly...and it's on most of the high def channels...so i'm wondering if there was a sub to these channels then they should come in right? and if there wasn't a sub then it shouldn't get anything right? lol

thanks guys..
jatucker wrote:The dct2224 does not receive high def channels. Only digital which is not high def. Sounds like you have an incoming signal problem probably due to a damaged line, bad coax connection, bad splitter, too many splitters or a low signal coming from the cable company.
Like jatucker said the DCt2224 is not a HD reciever therefor you cant get the Video. However Jatucker Audio does not matter if reciever is HD or Not so you do get the Audio.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

The high def channels would not have been authorized on a dct2224 so there would be no sound or video. He is losing audio on digital channels which he is mistakenly calling high def. Most likely this is a signal problem, that's why the picture cuts out. It could also be a hardware problem with the box.
cherrymachine

high def

Post by cherrymachine »

Not true - have seen this on MANY occasions. will happen 0n channels 200 - 265
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

jatucker wrote:The high def channels would not have been authorized on a dct2224 so there would be no sound or video. He is losing audio on digital channels which he is mistakenly calling high def. Most likely this is a signal problem, that's why the picture cuts out. It could also be a hardware problem with the box.
Here's what he said

anyone know why only sound would show up on some channels? mostly they are high def channels...it's a dct2224 box...

The DCT2224 IS not an HD box. I have seen them get audio and some times a glimps of Video. This Member thinks some how this Box was Subbed to HD channels. :D Thats totaly Dumb. And another thing thats Dumb is What does the channell Authorization ave to do with Audio????????? LOL Some folks make no Sence.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

well ya i did think that HD was sub'd on this box because there was audio on those channels and it didn't pop up sub servcie or any other msg. it seemed like those HD channels were indeed ordered because like i said it was only on the HD channels that i have that prob. i know it's not a connection problem or anything else. and i just thought that it was wierd that i would only get audio on these HD channels....i know the box isn't a HD box but the HD channels are still available !!!

> so i'm so sorry that my question makes no sense to you and is a dumb question !

was just wondering why i would only have the sound on those channels without getting a auth. msg....but since it's such a dumb question then don't worry about it !!
thanks anyways ~~
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

Your question isn't dumb. There is a misunderstanding in what you are refering to. Some people don't read everything clearly. The box must have been on an account with HD service and is authed for those channels. So you are getting the sound but not video because the box can't tune the HD signal properly. I have never seen this happen but it would appear that others have. I have two legit dct2224 and two dct6412 with HD and I get nothing on my dct2224 in the HD range. Maybe some service providers just auth all the boxes on one account for the complete channel package, mine does not as the HD channels on the dct2224 are not authed. I thought you were refering to digital channels and mistakenly calling them HD channels, that's why I thought it sounded like a signal problem.