DCT700 questions

Newbie post here.
locc

DCT700 questions

Post by locc »

I've been around a few forum and this forum seems to be have the most information for testing dct700 publicly. I picked up a dct700 and it is able to pick up some channels. It was previously subbed from a different city not far away. I get s0a00 error on most of the other channel other than 2-10. Is there away to reactivate the missing channels?
moddog

Post by moddog »

locc wrote:I've been around a few forum and this forum seems to be have the most information for testing dct700 publicly. I picked up a dct700 and it is able to pick up some channels. It was previously subbed from a different city not far away. I get s0a00 error on most of the other channel other than 2-10. Is there away to reactivate the missing channels?
The only way is to subbd to cc because you cant do a full clone the question been answer a 1000 time used the search tab and you will find more answer to you problem happy testing.
Good better best
jatucker

Post by jatucker »

You might get more channels if you can find a valid local nvram. The s0a00 error code is from no signal. So either you have a line problem or the nvram is wrong for your area.
locc

Post by locc »

jatucker wrote:You might get more channels if you can find a valid local nvram. The s0a00 error code is from no signal. So either you have a line problem or the nvram is wrong for your area.
Thanks for reply Jatucker. So I either need a nvram or my signal is blocked. Is there any way to tell if its actually the signal? I am able to get analog cable channels 1- 20 by plugging the cable straight into the tv also.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

locc wrote:Thanks for reply Jatucker. So I either need a nvram or my signal is blocked. Is there any way to tell if its actually the signal? I am able to get analog cable channels 1- 20 by plugging the cable straight into the tv also.
if the box came from a different area from yours..unless it was a very close area it's the nvram that your gonna have to change....check in the nvram requests forum and see if anyone has posted one from your area..you might luck out that way...only other way is to find someone with that same model unit as you have and open up the box and get their nvram...

good luck

justsomeguy
locc

Post by locc »

justsomeguy wrote:if the box came from a different area from yours..unless it was a very close area it's the nvram that your gonna have to change....check in the nvram requests forum and see if anyone has posted one from your area..you might luck out that way...only other way is to find someone with that same model unit as you have and open up the box and get their nvram...

good luck

justsomeguy
Ok thanks for the help justsomeguy. I wasn't able to find an nvram for my area. I'm thinking it might be the nvram. This box was from a city nearby but it wasnt local.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

locc wrote:Ok thanks for the help justsomeguy. I wasn't able to find an nvram for my area. I'm thinking it might be the nvram. This box was from a city nearby but it wasnt local.
You will need to find a local Box Same Model to get a BackUp of the NVRAM. In fact Make a full BackUp. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
locc

Post by locc »

TUNDRA wrote:You will need to find a local Box Same Model to get a BackUp of the NVRAM. In fact Make a full BackUp. ;)
Tundra, I'll see what I can find. Hopefully someone I know still has a DCT700. Thanks again.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

locc wrote:Tundra, I'll see what I can find. Hopefully someone I know still has a DCT700. Thanks again.
No Problem Buddy.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."