bad ethernet growing problem in modems fix needed

Newbies post here.
jackmode

bad ethernet growing problem in modems fix needed

Post by jackmode »

i have mutiple modems rca dcm315 sb5100 sb5101s and ive notice in some cases the ethernet port just stop working in most cases its just bad bristles in the ethernet port wich is fixable useing a hair pin or a small flat head screwdriver but some have perfict bristles i and the ethernet stlill doesnt work ive tried reflashing the modems bricking them and recovering them ive tried useing difrent bootloaders still noting i wanted to know if this is a software problem or hardware problem and if theres a way to fix this without having to do any sodering?
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

anybody???????????
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

Its hard to give a shoot in the dark... Anyways if you wanna get shoot, it sounds like a hardware problem. :)

Also regarding your "anybody....??" bump in less than 8hr... nobody lives 24/7 on the forum to promptly answer your questions.
~~ When everything fails... READ THE MANUAL!!! ~~
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

ok does anybody know how to fix this?
Omikron

Post by Omikron »

There are many, many reasons why the port could have stopped working. You can try a different cable, and if that still doesn't work, it's probably just a bad modem. Replace it.
Naztheros

Post by Naztheros »

Did you notice any compontent around that could had been burnt? Or bad soldering?

How did you get these modems? someone just sent you them.. or you did lend it to someone.. and got it back faulty?
~~ When everything fails... READ THE MANUAL!!! ~~
jackmode

Post by jackmode »

some but most were working fine then went out mostly sb5100s