Netgear modem/router

Newbies post here.
wrhokage

Netgear modem/router

Post by wrhokage »

Please help with this modem/router. Model CG814 V.2.
I'm trying to use Usbjtag Nt but do not know how to add
the def. I'm trying to back up and flash haxor to image 1.
please help!!
EuroDJ

Netgear CG814WGv2

Post by EuroDJ »

well u can used the 9fc00000 800000 or the 9fc00000 200000 to save the backup flash of the 8MB
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wrhokage wrote:Please help with this modem/router. Model CG814 V.2.
I'm trying to use Usbjtag Nt but do not know how to add
the def. I'm trying to back up and flash haxor to image 1.
please help!!
Won't be able to with the straight 14 Pin connector. Will need an adapter to recognise the flash first. Then make the back up. There great working modems very Usefull.
My son has one I did for him, he runs his computer a playstation and an Xbox and still has one more available port. ;)
ufo

Post by ufo »

TUNDRA wrote:Won't be able to with the straight 14 Pin connector. Will need an adapter to recognise the flash first. Then make the back up. There great working modems very Usefull.
My son has one I did for him, he runs his computer a playstation and an Xbox and still has one more available port. ;)
TUNDRA, How did you go about making your adapter or did you buy one that was compatable with the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin connector? I just acquired one of these Netgear CG814WGv2. You got me excited about the advantages this baby has. I believe I know to start by inserting a 14 pin header into to the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin connector.

But are there some type of cable wires one can buy that has pin connectors on both ends. Where one end I can attach to my 14 pin header I insert into the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin Connetor and the other end inserted over the appropriate pin on the Netgear 8 pin header similar to that shown here: http://usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/dpc2100.php

With the 4 port outputs I'd love to get this Netgear setup for my son as well. Man if the wireless will still work after modifying the modem would really be ideal but I have not heard of any success yet in that.

Any help with making the adapter would be greatly appreciated.

And big thanks usbbdm for your adding support for the CG814WGv2.
totalanni

Post by totalanni »

Ok....im gonna do my best to help you get this thing hooked up and flashed...first you need to select "5101" as the modem in the software, then you need to make an adapter because it uses a non-standard jtag port...iv modified the picture in the dpc2100 so u can see what the pin numbers are

Ok....and here are the pin numbers on the usbjtag

Now assuming that the netgear has the same pin1 with the modem in that position and you know the numbers.....just use cables to connect to the proper pins

Im still waiting on my netgear modems to arrive in the mail, once they come ill post a pic of its inside jtag and which is pin1...as for the cables i use to connect to my devices...i use these, so even if it isnt standard you can make it work

Once you get it detected, you should be able back it up, and flash it just like a reg 5101
Goodluck and thanks to haxzamatic for the image of the usbjtagnt pinout...
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ufo wrote:TUNDRA, How did you go about making your adapter or did you buy one that was compatable with the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin connector? I just acquired one of these Netgear CG814WGv2. You got me excited about the advantages this baby has. I believe I know to start by inserting a 14 pin header into to the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin connector.

But are there some type of cable wires one can buy that has pin connectors on both ends. Where one end I can attach to my 14 pin header I insert into the USBJTAG (NT) 14 Pin Connetor and the other end inserted over the appropriate pin on the Netgear 8 pin header similar to that shown here: http://usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/dpc2100.php

With the 4 port outputs I'd love to get this Netgear setup for my son as well. Man if the wireless will still work after modifying the modem would really be ideal but I have not heard of any success yet in that.

Any help with making the adapter would be greatly appreciated.

And big thanks usbbdm for your adding support for the CG814WGv2.
I use the Adapter I make for the 2100 as the pinout is the same. I can make full backup with this adapter. I however flash the firm using serial ttl tool. very fast to do with serial tool. have tryed with usbjtag and will kill modem for some reson. No dead modems so far with serial.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I do not believe that USB JTAG NT can kill the modem if you do it properly. Beside the programming speed for NT will be much faster than the serial.

Reason
The max baudrate is 115200bps translate to 15KB/s for serial data while JTAG can get transfer rate of 300KB/s.

Always do cmpram after you do programming. Some modem might need to use "speed 1" to program.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I do not believe that USB JTAG NT can kill the modem if you do it properly. Beside the programming speed for NT will be much faster than the serial.

Reason
The max baudrate is 115200bps translate to 15KB/s for serial data while JTAG can get transfer rate of 300KB/s.

Always do cmpram after you do programming. Some modem might need to use "speed 1" to program.
I do it properly and have pleanty experience. Not knoking your tool Only stating whats happened to me. Unless new changes have been made in more resent update then i will asume all is the same and remain using serials for these untill porblem soved if then. Takes about 1 min with serial So i think the speed difference is minimal if any at all. Beside what good is speed if it don't work.