Modem Project

Routers, VOIP devices, etc.
Jason

Modem Project

Post by Jason »

Is there a way to change the oob fo a modem to that of a cable box. The reason is we have a unsupported dac 6000 and I would like to monitor the unencrypted oob data so I can make a script file to inject the data needed though a modem or cable box out though the cable to another cable box. To take that box out of hunt. I am comparing two 6000 P3 to find the data that makes it go out of hunt. Once I have that file I need to put it back to many 6000's that may not be phase three. Or any other way of getting that file into 6000's. I have jtag, bdm, bdm nt and jtag nt. Thanks!
UserName

Post by UserName »

you cant keep the modem locked on that frequency. unless you have a special software.
Jason

Which way to go

Post by Jason »

Could you enlighten me a little more?
sphinx

Post by sphinx »

You could try to lock the downstream frequency in telnet by doing:
cd /docsis
goto_ds (specify cable box frequency here)

You can also set this information in the Configuration page of an SB5100 but that isn't as reliable. Chances are it will not lock a signal (I haven't tried it before).
Jason

Post by Jason »

Ok let's say I get it to lock on. Is there a way to edit the RF output (header trailer) I would like to format the message like that a cable box would see from a headend. I would like to send a script file from the modem (have the modem add the right data format) to a cable box.
UserName

Post by UserName »

cable modems are not designed for that they only lock on ctms signal ..you must make your own firmware to do what was not meant to do. most frequency are 72.5 75...i belive modem scan list starts at 100somehting.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Could I use part of a 700 file to make the lock on file for the modem? Our should I switch to a 700 and make it transmit the data to the DHCT?
UserName

Post by UserName »

i do not know.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused: